Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ilovcali Posts: 206, Reputation: 85

Sep 8, 2006, 01:48 PM
    Worst Relationship/Break-Up Lines
    Thought I'd start a lighter thread. Maybe sometimes humor is good during tough times.

1. If it's meant to be, it's meant to be.

Worst line ever. Does anyone actually believe this? I mean really? The correct line should be:

--If it's meant to be, you make it be.

2. I need space.

No, you don't. Be honest.

--I need you out of my life... maybe for good.

3. I think we need a break.

Yeah right.

--I want to break up with you.

So, you guys got some more classic lines?
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2006, 02:14 PM
    "i just dont want to be in a relationship right now, but if i did it would be with you"

Which really means the first four words and the last one... "i just dont want...you."

A girl I dated fed me this, and then was on the prowl after another guy within 2 months.
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2006, 02:17 PM
    Or along the lines of the meant to be comment, "well be together again someday, if its our fate"

Another girl fed something like that to me... which means "if fate would have us trapped down a mine shaft, and theres no way out, then i guess i could go for you one last time if i had to."
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2006, 02:43 PM
    I need more. (More what? Therapy? More sex?)

I am just not feeling it right now.

There is no spark (Which is the biggest farse - love takes many months to develop - RUN from these women - they live andie for smitten - lust - they don't get it)
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2006, 02:38 AM
    "I don't know what I want" (which of course means I know that I don't want you.)

"It might have worked out if we hadn't become so close" (your guess is as good as mine on that one)
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 9, 2006, 04:40 AM
    'I have to find myself" Before I was married I got dumped so many times I lost count. But this was a favorite one " just get out and bother somebody else" or 'You'll find someone else" uughh!
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2006, 05:54 AM
    Not really a breakup line, but a "line" that a girl thought I used on her was

"id like to see you, but i have to fix the dishwaher"

A girl who really liked me had called me up to see if id come over, and I was mildly interested, enough to have entertained the trip, but I was still in HS in my mothers house and the dishwasher WAS broken and she was freaking out about it... soooo... I really WAS trying to fix the dishwasher. The girl told all of her friends I completely fed her the worst line ever to blow her off.
    jgj6331 Posts: 153, Reputation: 19

Sep 9, 2006, 06:50 AM
    1 - "I think of you more as a brother" - makes you wonder what kinkiness goes on when you're not around...
    2 - "You remind me of my father" - ditto
    3 - "We can still be friends" - yeah, right - I haven't slept with any of my bowling buddies...
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2006, 06:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jgj6331
    3 - "We can still be friends" - yeah, right - I haven't slept with any of my bowling buddies...
    Classic!! How did I miss this one.

We can still be friends... you know, the kind of friend who wants to throw up every time you think about the time you wasted on this loser... er, friend.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 9, 2006, 11:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jgj6331
    1 -
    How could I forget the famous last words of my high school sweetheart!!
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2006, 07:47 PM
    How about "we don't communicate?" (Translation: "I'm afraid to share my feelings with you.") There's also the old classic "It's just not working out." (Translation: "I'm too much of a coward to tell you what's really on my mind.") I actually once had a woman tell me "You're not affectionate, you're a hard person to get to know", etc. and wanted me to believe that was why she was ending our relationship. However, as I look back, I have to admit that I made the classic mistake that everyone on this forum warns against ; being over clingy and obsessive. I really think she needed some space and I wasn't giving it to her. It's very interesting that her excuse to me was practically the exact opposite of what was really bothering her. How's that for irony and a lack of courage of one's convictions?
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2006, 09:32 PM
    "I love you, but im just not IN love with you".

Oh c'mon.. What a cop out...

The first time I heard this I cried for days. Now I laugh out loud.

I must be getting better.
    Hahaha

Sep 11, 2006, 02:37 PM
    My ex used this one as she was breaking up with me:

"I know you love me, but you don't like me."

Right, that's why I suggested we go to counseling, figure out why things aren't working, how can we try and make things work. That's why I didn't leave her, she left me. But that clearly shows that I didn't like her.
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2006, 03:28 PM
    Did we really forget...

"It's not you....it's me"??

No it's really YOU!

Sep 12, 2006, 05:17 AM
    Why we broke up...

She told me we couldn't afford beer anymore and
    I'd have to quit. Then I caught her spending:

-$65.00 on make-up,
    -$150 for a cut & color,
    -$30 for a manicure,
    -$40 for a pedicure,
    -$50 on vitamins,
    -$300 on clothes and
    -$600 for a gym membership.

I asked how come I had to give up stuff and not
    Her. She said she needed it to look pretty for me.
    I told her that was what the beer was for.
    ... I don't think she's coming back.

Sep 12, 2006, 02:07 PM
    Okay - just one more at the risk of wearing my welcome thin... A friend of mine relayed this classic to me - true story that happened to him...

"No Walter*, I'm afraid I can't go out with you again next weekend - I getting married this Saturday"...

(*names were changed to protect our friendship)
    Breagha Posts: 6, Reputation: 4

Sep 20, 2006, 11:46 AM
    Oh, how about "You deserve/will find someone better." Yah, okay. I don't even know what the hell that means. Really, if someone knows enlighten me.
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2006, 12:37 PM
    You deserve better is great!!
    SINGLE4 Posts: 189, Reputation: 33

Sep 20, 2006, 01:51 PM
    OMG... these are sooo funny!! :D

Now let's be honest here... I've used a line or two myself! Hasn't anyone else?:o

Sep 20, 2006, 02:26 PM
    "We're too different".

Oh really, since when? We seemed fine 5 minutes ago.

Translation:

"I don't want you anymore".

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bush: The WORST President in History? [ 67 Answers ]

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/profile/story/9961300/the_worst_president_in_history?rnd=1145910812680&has-player=true&version=6.0.8.1024 When Bush's lips are moving, he's lying to us, misleading us, or engaged in Orwellian doublespeak. The willfully blind citizens of this country play...

My worst fear... [ 5 Answers ]

I haven't written in a while, simply because I have felt horrible... I thought I was pregnant months ago, but ended up it was just a scare once again... well my worst fear has happened and I have just found out that I have PCOS (Polycystic ovarian syndrome) so that means I am going to have a hard...

Relationship Break [ 20 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I had been dating for a year when last Aug, she said she needed to take a break. She told me that she had made many relationship errors in her life and that she had been thinking about that lately. She has been married four times and has always ended one relationship and gone...

My worst nightmare come true [ 8 Answers ]

Last week my b/f of 7 years said that he wanted to call it quits. It came out of the blue. He then decided that he was not going to leave. That we were to live there together as roommates until he could move into another place. He also informed me that he was planning to bring dates have sex with...

View more questions Search