Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1harmon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2009, 06:47 PM
    How to file a financial hardship. Wages being garnished
    Today was the first day that my wages were garnished. I was making payments to the creditor ( laclede gas company) but fell behind do to other bills. How can I file a financial hardship case to stop or reduce the garnishment? I live in Missouri.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2009, 04:37 AM

Do they have a Judgment against you? I would assume they must if they have filed the garnishment papers.

You must have been served with papers and either appeared and lost OR (worse!) didn't appear.

It is almost impossible to stop the garnishment - these people have a Judgment and they want to be paid. Didn't they send you a copy of the Judgment at some time with a suggestion that you make payment arrangements or did they just get the Judgment (assuming there is one) and enforce it.

I see no way out of this except bankruptcy is that is an option in your case.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Garnished Wages [ 1 Answers ]

If my wadges are garnished are they garnished before any benefits (health insurance)?

Garnished wages [ 3 Answers ]

HELP!! State of Georgia... We are only getting paid by our companies private health disability (which we paid for out of our paycheck every week) wages which are only 49% of our salary... I guess what I'm asking is can they garnish those wages? If so, how much? Thanks

Garnished Wages [ 2 Answers ]

Can my wages be garnished on a 10 year student loan, if not how can I fight this?

Wages already garnished [ 3 Answers ]

OK I'm in California and my wages are already being garnished for child support... can they be garnished for anything else while this garnishment is still in effect..

My wages are being garnished! [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Florida, I received a notice from a collection agency, one that has been in existence for 40 years. I was informed that they had recovered an account from a wireless providerthat I had service with from the year 2002. First off, I do not recall having the sercvice during that time, I do...

View more questions Search