Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    expat in SM Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2009, 05:22 PM
    25 never had a boyfriend
    I'm 25 and I've never had a boyfriend before. I did put personal achievement before seeking a date but I believe that was the right thing to do ( I am a software developer); I have pretty high self-esteem; I'm funny, friendly and approachable.

I have been told that I am beautiful quite often. I consider myself decent looking since I am not very tall, only 5'4.

Please provide me with some tips, insights on how to find a date.

Apr 2, 2009, 05:24 PM

P.S. I am a woman.

Lol, if you doubted.
    none12345 Posts: 1,439, Reputation: 234
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2009, 05:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by expat in SM View Post
    P.S. I am a woman.

lol, if you doubted.
    it was kind of confusing because you said you work as a software developer lol jokes. But yah anyway you said you were looking for a boyfriend so that gave it away. Yup 25 is definitely the age to start dating. Have you tried online dating sites? I've heard lots of happy successful relationships through those. Try like eharmony or something. Or go to a bar for a drink, there are always guys there and you might meet the one for you. =P justsome suggestions =P

Apr 2, 2009, 05:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by none12345 View Post
    it was kind of confusing because you said you work as a software developer lol jokes. but yah anyways you said you were looking for a boyfriend so that gave it away. Yup 25 is definitely the age to start dating. Have you tried online dating sites? i've heard lots of happy successful relationships through those. Try like eharmony or something. Or go to a bar for a drink, there are always guys there and you might meet the one for you. =P justsome suggestions =P

Hey, thank you for reading my post. No, I will not use online dating. I personally prefer meet someone in real life.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 2, 2009, 06:07 PM

If you have the time, invest it in the things you most enjoy, and the activities you love, as those people will likely be the ones, who have a common interest with you. Friends of friends, is good way to meet people, and that's the key, meeting people. The more the merrier.

Nowadays people date for love, but I always thought it was for fun. Never know where fun, and friendship lead.
    none12345 Posts: 1,439, Reputation: 234
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2009, 06:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    If you have the time, invest it in the things you most enjoy, and the activities you love, as those people will likely be the ones, who have a common interest with you. Friends of friends, is good way to meet people, and thats the key, meeting people. The more the merrier.

Nowadays people date for love, but I always thought it was for fun. Never know where fun, and friendship lead.
    Im one of those people who date for love lol. But yah I agree =P Friendships can lead to love its best to get to know someone well first before committing in a relationship.

Apr 2, 2009, 06:58 PM

I have many guys that I know. I studied with all guys, am now working with mostly men.

They all like me and have been good friends with a good number of them. We laugh together everyday at lunch, but then they pretty much all have girl friends. How does this happen, I have no clue?

:(
    risa112003 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2009, 07:02 PM

I would give online dating a try. Find someone around your area. I met my boyfriend that way 3 years ago... he is the love of my life. It wasn't on a dating site though it was by accident. You might like what you find.

Apr 2, 2009, 07:05 PM
    If you have the time, invest it in the things you most enjoy, and the activities you love, as those people will likely be the ones, who have a common interest with you. Friends of friends, is good way to meet people, and thats the key, meeting people. The more the merrier.

I really like my job and have been doing extremely well at work. I like to talk about job related sujects and they like to talk to me about it too. I like to dance but none of them wants to do so. I don't drink b.c. I think it is stupid and pointless. I go to the gym and have made friends there but they never hung out with me.
    heartbroke Posts: 163, Reputation: 24

Apr 2, 2009, 07:38 PM

Well don't date anyone at work, if it goes sour, it will be awkward for you. Try to go to places you enjoy or activities you like as you will meet people with similar interests. A bar is not the best place since it mostly involves alcohol and sex... unless your into that. And don't look to obvious about it either. If you wear a "Hey im looking for a boyfriend tag" people will wonder strange things about you.
    plonak Posts: 742, Reputation: 117

Apr 2, 2009, 08:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by heartbroke View Post
    If you wear a "Hey im looking for a boyfriend tag" people will wonder strange things about you.
    He is so right about that. You could be subconsciously giving off vibes that you're looking for a boyfriend and that is a great way to turn off all prospects.

Start new hobbies for you and you will soon see that you're so busy you're not worrying whether you have a boyfriend, and ironically that's when you usually end up finding one...

Try to be more open on your options as well.. try different hobbies, go to singles nights, go online.. you're never going to change anything if you continue to do the same things.. it's just how it is..
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 3, 2009, 06:40 AM

I am not into the online stuff, just too old, but social networking was very good to me, way back in the day.

Friends of friends. House parties, and gatherings, and such. The way I see it, its okay to invite people to bowl, or go to a movie, or dinner, just for fun, and company. But I'm a guy, that's how I think.

Keeping work, and romance separate has always been my rule, but as I said the friend of a friend is fine, especially if you get to know your male friends g/f.(?) No telling who they know.

Its also my experience, you don't find love it finds you, and its more important, to be happy with yourself, and enjoy your life alone( big difference between lonely, and alone, big difference), so don't look for a boyfriend, make friends, that love to have fun.

Apr 3, 2009, 08:10 AM
    I am not into the online stuff, just too old, but social networking was very good to me, way back in the day.

Friends of friends. House parties, and gatherings, and such. The way I see it, its okay to invite people to bowl, or go to a movie, or dinner, just for fun, and company. But I'm a guy, thats how I think.

Keeping work, and romance separate has always been my rule, but as I said the friend of a friend is fine, especially if you get to know your male friends g/f.(?) No telling who they know.

Its also my experience, you don't find love it finds you, and its more important, to be happy with yourself, and enjoy your life alone( big difference between lonely, and alone, big difference), so don't look for a boyfriend, make friends, that love to have fun.
    Thank you Mr.

Apr 3, 2009, 08:11 AM

Can I ask my guy coworker to introduce me to their guy friends? How do I ask?

Coz it might sound like I want to meet men so I can have a date?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Boyfriend vs ex sort of boyfriend [ 3 Answers ]

I've like this guy for 8 - 10 months his name was lets say Scott. Scott and I never actually went out but we liked each other. Said ' I love you' and held hands did what normal couples would do. He didn't ask because he wanted to be 100% sure if out relationship would last. I liked him a lot...

Ex boyfriend or new boyfriend? [ 7 Answers ]

Well my boyfriend just broke up with me about a week ago anndd I just found out that he still likes me but I don't know what to do because he already has a girlfriend and I also just found out that another guy{i have liked for about a year now}likes me and wants to ask me out but I have no idea...

My boyfriend & I have never had sex [ 2 Answers ]

I don't know what to do, I was married for 6 years and I was the one that didn't want to have sex at the end of my marriage, no attraction. It was over and the next 1 1/2 years after that I was very sexually active with a few flings and one guy pretty steady. Then I met the most wonderful man! ...

I Want A Boyfriend! [ 9 Answers ]

Ever since I've started high school, I've felt so out of place. Every girl seems to have a boyfriend... that they're happy with and seem to think aren't jerks or pervs! I'm sick of being single, though I'm constantly told that sometimes it's better. My best friend feels exactly the same way as I...

She has a boyfriend [ 5 Answers ]

I fell in love with a girl that has a boyfriend... and she keeps telling me she still loves him but her actions towards me clearly shows she doesn't want to be with him.. what should I do?

View more questions Search