Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dragonfly1234 Posts: 161, Reputation: 49

Apr 16, 2009, 08:13 PM

I think she may have a crush on your husband and your husband may be flattered by it and may even appreciate feeling wanted by another woman.

In my opinion, it is harmless at this point. However, if you become insecure and deal with this the way you have so far (by what I've read) you may end up pushing him into doing something he otherwise wouldn't have.

I say the next time you are invited to go down to see her with him, GO. Be there as often as you can, it will discourage 'boob' from calling him down so often if she suspects you may show up with him.

Also, one approach would be to lay everything out on the table, be open about everything and use a bit of humour to de-dramatize the situation and not come off as threatening or he will not open up to you on this matter. Let him know you think she has a crush on him and maybe it gives his ego a boost, but do in a playful manner and in a manner that seems like you're teasing him rather than accusing him. You can also incorporate some more serious discussions here, in where you explain to him that you think the situation is funny and harmless but that you just want to make sure that boundaries are set and respected.

Men like the attention given to them by other women, it makes them feel good about themselves. It gives them confidence and this in itself can be a very positive thing in your marriage, it really doesn't have to be all bad. A confident and happy husband is a lot better than an insecure and depressed one in my opinion.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 16, 2009, 08:25 PM

Let him know you think she has a crush on him and maybe it gives his ego a boost, but do in a playful manner and in a manner that seems like you're teasing him rather than accusing him. You can also incorporate some more serious discussions here, in where you explain to him that you think the situation is funny and harmless but that you just want to make sure that boundaries are set and respected.
    I like your ideas, and points, as they do emphasize how to get your point across to handle this situation.

I think how this situation is dealt with is the important thing.
    Mymama Posts: 76, Reputation: 10

Apr 23, 2009, 08:49 AM
    Thank you all for everything you have said. I have started going down there with him and she won't even make eye contact with me. Lol It has been about a week and a half and she has not called. (happy) I asked my husband why he has not gone down there and he said that she has a whole bunch of stuff for him to do. Well, our boys have now started playing ball and that will be 4 nights a week. So I'm not sure when he will have the time to do her "honey do list".

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search