Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    YogeshS Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2009, 11:35 AM
    Remote machine hanging on connection
    Hello Experts,
    I am having a machine placed at remote location, and on regular basis I required to connect it using remote desktop (mstsc), but some times the remote machine gets hanged as I connects it & requires rebooting.
    Note:- mstsc port is opened/allowed for my ip,

I'm not able to understand the reason for this,
    Please guide the solution.
    Helljack6 Posts: 107, Reputation: 8

Apr 2, 2009, 01:19 PM

I'd say use something like TightVNC or Dameware client instead of the remote desktop connection.

If using another remote product produces the same results, it's possible that your signal is have issues reaching the destination machine. On both machines flush the dns cache. However, it could also be something else, like a particular service running during the time you're trying to connect or whatnot that's using system resources that causes you to hang when you try to connect.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How Can I connect my PC? [ 3 Answers ]

How can I connect PC with following sceniro. I have 3 pcs with Win XP pro.1 PC is connected with ADSL internet connection (256kbps)Its a small USB modem. I have router with 6ports from which I have connected my other 2pc as shared ADSL speed internet.This all setup in Office. Now I want to...

Remote Desktop Connection trouble on my end [ 5 Answers ]

Hi there, I am trying to access a company's computer system and it is not letting me in. I followed their instructions to the tee but something on my end isn't properly working. First, I set up the VPN for the company on my home computer - which worked just great, I can connect to that. But...

Remote Desktop Connection [ 2 Answers ]

How do I connect to my server remotely? I am able to do it inside our office building by simply typing in the IP address and I am immediately connected to the server. But when I go home and try, I get the error message that the computer cannot be found. This same configuration used to work from...

Remote desktop connection [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I Cannot establish a remote desktop connection between two two computers On connecting two computers, it show account restriction log in

Remote Desktop Connection [ 1 Answers ]

I hv Windows Xp on my desktop, now I want to connect a laptop via remote desktop. Now I connect my desktop to laptop with LAN cable and then try to connect remote desktop it say "The WORKGROUP domain/workgroup does not contain any terminal server" So what I hv to do to connect a laptop to my...

View more questions Search