Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    clbell3032 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2009, 10:30 AM
    Exterior painting
    What is the going rate per square foot for painting an exterior of a two story home. All the materials are being provided.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 6, 2009, 09:52 AM

The going rate varies greatly from location to location, where are you? Also, if you are not a professional painter the going rate doesn't necessarily apply to you. Handymen generally get paid nearly half of the pro rate. To get the best feel for your area call a few pros and get their bids. Then you can size up yourself and compare to them.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 6, 2009, 12:36 PM

Hi, clbell3032!

It also makes a difference in the price as to how the surface is prepared and the manner in which the paint is applied.

Thanks!
    mypaintbidfree Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2009, 06:23 AM

Hello clbell3032,
    Your right in asking questions however, I agree with the two answers above. If you want good answers you need to provide a clear questions, my recommendation from your question would be write a specification on the project first. Next I would figure out what your production rate is, your cost of doing business and are you prepared and able to take on such a project.
    Good Luck,
    MyPaintBid, Free Estimate

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Exterior Painting of HOME? [ 3 Answers ]

:) Ok you Pro's! I've got 2 things I'm considering! 1) Paying some one to paint my home. It's about 1700 sq. ft ranch with average amount of windows and Trim. How much should I be looking at paying for this Service? 2) I'm considering buying a low end Commercial sprayer from Lowe's...

Painting Exterior Stucco [ 3 Answers ]

What is the process of painting on Stucco walls? Is a primer required? What type of paint should I use? Rolling or spraying? What would be the min. temperature to apply the paint in?

Exterior painting costs [ 2 Answers ]

How long and how much should the average cost of exterior paint with average preping, stucco siding. Using a paint gun and one coat only.:confused:

Interior and Exterior Painting [ 15 Answers ]

I am just starting a painting business and I'm trying to figure out how to charge for painting for example a mantle or cabinets. I know wood cabinets will need a primer and two coats of finish. Also on how to charge for windows that have several rows of mulls that need to be painted like a 4 over...

View more questions Search