Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    0sad123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2009, 09:53 AM
    Wedding Video Incomplete
    I recently got our wedding video back and there was a major moment missed. It was a Jewish wedding and the photographer and videographer neglected to capture the Horah (bride and groom lifted in chairs dancing). I'm really upset because this is the only time when both families got together to dance. It is common knowledge that this event happens at Jewish weddings. Also, I sent them an itinerary before the wedding that had the Horah listed as an event for the night. It did occur later than what was on the schedule, but on the company's advertisement, it states, "All day coverage of the wedding party, parents, ceremony, in between ceremony and reception at any location chosen by the bride and groom and coverage of the reception." The Horah was basically the main part of the reception. The contract that was signed was just giving me copyright permission of the pictures. What can I do about this?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2009, 04:49 AM

Did you specifically request that this part of the "ceremony" be filmed? I would not assume that the Horah is "common knowledge."

The photographer may have missed the religious significance and simply thought it was part of the dancing.

And my late husband was Orthodox so, yes, I know what you're talking about.

If you told the photographer about the significance of the Horah and he did not film it, I would say he's in significant breach of contract but you would have to sue him and prove it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Court House Wedding or Back Yard Wedding? [ 18 Answers ]

We are on a limited budget as far as our wedding goes. We want to spend more money on the rings and honeymoon than the wedding. So, we want something intimate and special but small. So these were the two options that we were thinking: 1. A small ceremony in his parent's backyard. There...

Incomplete orgasm [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am 26 year old female. After I gave birth to my daughter (5 months ago), I am having problem reaching a complete orgasm during intercourse. In other words, once I begin to reach my orgasm, it breaks up and I lose it. Just like losing a sneeze. Knowing that my husband is doing the best he...

Codominance and incomplete [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference between codominance and incomplete dominance?

Wedding Video Legal Action [ 2 Answers ]

I got married in December and my wife paid a videographer to videotape our wedding. We gave him a deposit of $100 with the rest of the money to be paid upon receipt of the video. However, the videographer is no longer returning our phone calls or messages on his cell phone. He spoke with my wife...

View more questions Search