Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bri375 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2009, 08:34 AM
    Cash aid? Food stamps?
    I couldn't find a better place to ask these questions, so I hope someone could answer them! Im going to be 18 in 2 months, I have a 7month old son, and could possibly have another on the way. I have a job, not a very good one but I have one. I still live with mom and dad. I have a fiancé, who is not the father of my son, but if I'm pregnant he's there father. My fathers son has never seen him, he doesn't contribute with anything. I do get WIC. Im wandering if I quliafy for cash aid or food stamps. I NEVER wanted to be on any kind of welfare, because I never liked people who got it. I always saw them just being lazy. But I'm not going to be able to live at my house for much longer, and I need some help until I can get on my feet. IM looking to move out into my own place soon. Does anyone know if I qualify for anything?
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2009, 09:08 AM

You need to contact your local office for this. They'll want proof of household income.

If you move out of your parents and into your own place/with your fiancé, you'll need to report it to your case worker.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 2, 2009, 09:34 AM

First of course you need to have a custody order in place for the child and the new one when borned, Since most states will try and get money back from the babies fathers if they are not paying the requied child support.

So your first place is to start getting if you are not, child support on the first child, and also on second when born.

And no, your new boyfriend is not the father, the other man is the bio father and is to be held responible.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Food stamps in Florida [ 33 Answers ]

I hope that this is the right venue for this question. I lost my job this past summer and in December I applied for, and was awarded, food stamps for myself. My partner, who I have lived with for going on seven years now, did not want to be included at that time in my application, because...

What's the website for food stamps application [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I just turned 18 and on my own and barely any money for food all month so how doi apply online for food stamps please help me

Stamps [ 2 Answers ]

I have a stamp collection and I am looking for a site that I can see if I have any stamps that are valuable Can you please help me find a site for Australian stamps?

View more questions Search