Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    YogeshS Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2009, 07:05 AM
    Automate batch file to accept username & Password
    Hello experts
    I am conneting to my ftp server through batch file.
    But every time it is asking me for username & password

So how do I pass the authentification (username & Password) parameters through the batch file itself.

(I need to automate my batch file , passing the username and password in the batch file itself)so that, user doesn't have to put in the authentication every time.

Guide
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Apr 2, 2009, 11:18 PM
    For the Windows command-line FTP client you can do (tested on XP, may need tweaks for other versions):

Code:
    ftp -s:commandscript.txt myftpserver.mydomain.com
    ... and provide the commands to run in the file commandscript.txt:

Code:
    MyUsername
    MyPassword
    Binary
    Close
    Quit
    For other clients, see the documentation. Also note that storing passwords in a text file is a security risk. If you have administrative control of the server, using SSH SFTP/SCP is more secure.

Additional Resources:
    Microsoft Windows Command-Line FTP Command List
    Batch Files: Unattended FTP downloads
    Wikipedia: SSH File Transfer Protocol
    Wikipedia: Secure Copy
    PuTTY: A free telnet/ssh client
    FileZilla: The free FTP solution
    ITeF!x: copssh - OpenSSH for Windows (can also be used for remote access with public/private keys to tunnel a Remote Desktop connection via PuTTY client)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Username and Password are not working for 192.168.0.1 site. [ 9 Answers ]

Hey, I have a Dlink 604+, I am able to get into the site 192.168.0.1, but it requires a username and password. Normally the default User name is : Admin and the default password is: Admin, but when I enter those it says authentication failed etc.. I realized that this might have been changed but I...

Batch file over LAN [ 2 Answers ]

I want to install bat file over lan

Sage Username and Password [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Guys, I just installed Sage Line 50 because I want to restore a backup. I created a new company and after entering all account information, I get asked for a username and password (haven't restored backup yet). Is there some default password entitled with Sage that I do not know of? Tried...

Username and password [ 10 Answers ]

Tell me someone username and password

Batch File In Dos [ 2 Answers ]

How do I make a batch file in dos that will open a program. I need to name the file S The file is acct\prog\solomon\solomon I have this in one PC but forgot how it create the command.

View more questions Search