Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    universe Posts: 77, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2009, 06:36 AM
    How many pitbulls are allowed
    My neighbor has three pitbulls. Is there any restriction on the number of these dogs or any pets a person can have in their yard in los angeles county?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2009, 06:57 AM

From what I can research "Pits" are not banned in LA County. As far as how many are allowed, it appears to be 3 dogs of ANY breed.

Call your local Animal Control Officer and ask.

I would assume you have an objection to the dogs - what is the problem with them? Barking? They are vicious? You don't like the breed? You are afraid of the breed?

Is this the same family whose dog was "defacing" a fire hydrant in your neighborhood? https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/other-...nt-230551.html

Do you have a problem with dogs in general? Or neighbors in general?
    Silverfoxkit Posts: 798, Reputation: 264

Apr 2, 2009, 12:50 PM

If the dogs are exhibiting aggressive behavior and you are scared of them for a genuine reason then I believe you could call animal control, but don't quote me on it.

If you are scared because of a breed bias then the neighbor has every right to their dogs. Not every pitt bull is out for blood.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Eli Bloodline within Pitbulls [ 1 Answers ]

Where does the Eli Bloodline for pitbulls originate? Are there any pictures, that I can be referred to on a website?

My Two Pitbulls Puppies [ 1 Answers ]

Hi When I first got my puppies I was feeding them puppy chow, I wanted to feed them something better, I brought them natural balance lamb meal & brown rice formula grain But that was not doing them good, I switch them to natural balance potato and duck grain free, wasn't good I switch them to iams...

Insurance on pitbulls [ 5 Answers ]

How many Pit Bulls do you have to have before you have to put insurance on them in case they bite someone? I have 6

Misconception of Pitbulls [ 11 Answers ]

Hello, Im doing a college paper on the misconception of pitbulls. I would love to hear the other side of the issue for a contrast. If anyone has an opinion on pitbulls that disagree with my statement of "I love pitbulls, they are great dogs and not all of them are agressive." It would be...

Pitbulls [ 2 Answers ]

How do you keep a pit bull from peeing and pooping in the house. How do you keep two pit bulls from charging the door when people come over.why would a pit bull chew on another pit bull.:confused:

View more questions Search