Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    suhani Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2009, 11:56 PM
    How to install Windows XP on freedos HCL laptop
    I am having a HCL laptop with freedos environment.I have a genuine windows XP cd and I want to install XP on my laptop.. but don't understand what to do... :( please help me out..

When the laptop starts it shows a dos prompt like this...

C:/>

Even if I put d CD in the drive it doesn't do anything..
    Help...
    Andrew Carstens Posts: 69, Reputation: 2

Apr 20, 2009, 04:18 PM
    :D:)
    Go to bios and change the boot order so that the cd boots before the hard drive then save and restart the computer and it should detect the indows cd
    nryndb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2011, 03:11 AM
    I am facing same problem. When I am trying to install it a fatal error is showing before appearing partition details. Please help me to solve it out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Re install CD DVD drive on laptop [ 2 Answers ]

How do I reinstall the CD Dvd Drive on my laptop?

Booting windows 3.1 on old 386 laptop [ 1 Answers ]

I have an old laptop that I'm pretty sure ran windows 3.1. I am wanting to boot it to be able to let my friends' kids use it and play with it. I may have the disks somewhere, but I thought it used to boot windows on it's own when I turned it on. What command do I need to type in to start it? Or...

Every time I install a screensaver, my laptop will turn off [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have an ACER laptop, I bought it 3 years ago and every time I install a screensaver, after a while it will shut down automatically. What's the reason? Screensavers are suppose to save the PCs/laptops from heating and not turning them off. I don't know whether this makes sense but I have...

Windows XP and 2000 on laptop [ 1 Answers ]

I have both XP Home and 2000 Pro installed on my laptop. XP Home, doesn't work. When I start-up my laptop, I have a black screen with the option to select XP Home or 2000 Pro. If I select XP Home, I get a message "Cannot start disk because of computer hardware configuration problem". Can't I...

Install Windows XP [ 4 Answers ]

Install Windows XP without floppy or cd drives from HDD.

View more questions Search