Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2009, 05:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Girl View Post
    I agree, that is true it will depend on the individuals. May I ask what are the religious beliefs of you and your spouse?

He is deceased - he was Orthodox Jewish, spoke Herbrew, went to Hebrew school; I am Christian, raised Catholic. We had very different religious beliefs but the same values. He was an honorable and honest man and I hope I am an honorable and honest woman - we just worshipped in different ways.

We discussed the religious differences in the very beginning. I understood as much as I could (being raised in another religion) but when he died I respected his wishes, didn't force my beliefs on his family, even though I didn't quite understand the customs.

He was a good man and if I had let religion stand in our way I would have missed 5 years of happiness.
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2009, 09:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    He is deceased - he was Orthodox Jewish, spoke Herbrew, went to Hebrew school; I am Christian, raised Catholic. We had very different religious beliefs but the same values. He was an honorable and honest man and I hope I am an honorable and honest woman - we just worshipped in different ways.

We discussed the religious differences in the very beginning. I understood as much as I could (being raised in another religion) but when he died I respected his wishes, didn't force my beliefs on his family, even though I didn't quite understand the customs.

He was a good man and if I had let religion stand in our way I would have missed 5 years of happiness.
    I am sorry to hear that. It is also hard to find a good man. Yes two different religions, and yet we are People of the Book. That is good that the two of you were able to set aside your differences to share one major aspect... love.
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2009, 12:17 AM
    That is such a great loss. Possibly he never really left, although he is not here in physical form anylonger. But, you will have your chance to see him again someday, so that must bring some peace. I knew love only once, and I still stuggle with the loss of my marriage as we are now divorced. At the time we shared the same religion, but we were from different countries with different cultures. Although it has been 3 years since the divorce, I still grieve about him and the marriage as though it was a death, as he had moved back to his country and I will never see him again. But, he and his family were abusive which makes it an unomfortable challenge for me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Flowers to the funeral home for viewing or to the Church for Christian burial? [ 3 Answers ]

We live out of state and just heard of an unfortunate passing of a loved one. We would like to send flowers to the family. The viewing at the funeral home is on Sunday. As most of you are aware, most florists are closed on Sunday's. Do I order them to be delivered on Saturday and let the...

Should a Christian allow those taking the lead in the Church such as Ministers be gay [ 122 Answers ]

I believe that no man or women should ever be allowed to serve as a minster or a leader of any church that represents God. Why? To be frank, the Bible condemns homosexuality. No amount of verbal hocus-pocus can make scriptures like Leviticus 18:22 and Romans 1:26, 27 disappear. 1 Corinthians...

Early Christian Church [ 1 Answers ]

Name the two most important leaders of the early Christian church.

Meeting a girl at church [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, this my first time to ask here and I hope everyone can help me. It sounds pretty pathetic but I want to ask how to approach this girl at church. I go to church every Sunday and so does she. I really like this girl but don't know how to start talking to her. If we were in a bar, it'd be easy but...

View more questions Search