Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yasir2010 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2009, 11:25 PM
    NPN Transistor
    Hi,

I need a alternate of 2N6040 & 2N4045

Any website for alternatives of these transistors?

Thanks
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2009, 05:20 AM

Are you looking for better specs or a better price?
    2n 6040
    DanielF Posts: 158, Reputation: 14

Apr 2, 2009, 10:27 PM
    I'm not sure why you've headed your question "NPN transistor", when one of the devices you want an equivalent for is a PNP transistor!

2N6040 is a PNP darlington audio/switching/power transistor (equivalents are BD266, BD898 and BD646). It's 60Vcbo, 8A Ic, 75W Ptot, Hfe >1000.

2N4045 is an NPN dual low-noise differential pair. It's 45Vcbo with an fT >200MHz, in an 8-pin metal can. I don't have an equivalent for it, but if you Google for "NPN dual low-noise differential pair" (without the quotes), you might find something similar. Of course you could always make a differential pair with two identical discrete transistors, hand-matched if necessary.

Best I can do, I'm afraid.

Daniel

Apr 15, 2009, 01:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielF View Post
    I'm not sure why you've headed your question "NPN transistor", when one of the devices you want an equivalent for is a PNP transistor!

2N6040 is a PNP darlington audio/switching/power transistor (equivalents are BD266, BD898 and BD646). It's 60Vcbo, 8A Ic, 75W Ptot, Hfe >1000.

2N4045 is an NPN dual low-noise differential pair. It's 45Vcbo with an fT >200MHz, in an 8-pin metal can. I don't have an equivalent for it, but if you Google for "NPN dual low-noise differential pair" (without the quotes), you might find something similar. Of course you could always make a differential pair with two identical discrete transistors, hand-matched if necessary.

Best I can do, I'm afraid.

Daniel
    Thanks a lot for your answer
    You are right from every aspect

Apr 15, 2009, 01:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratmando View Post
    Are you lookin for better specs or a better price?
    2n 6040
    Thanks for your time
    But danielf answer my question
    bearcatk Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2009, 06:59 AM

The best place I no is usbid.com

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

02 Accord had blower motor transistor replaced now I hear a flutter noise [ 1 Answers ]

My ac quit working on all speeds except 4 after having the hepa filter replaced. Took it back to the dealership they said it was the blower motor transistor. Just picked it up and now I hear a fluttering noise on all settings except off. Called the dealership and they say it is probably leaves in...

Transistor [ 1 Answers ]

Hi What is the work of transistor

Transistor [ 2 Answers ]

How does a transistor works as an amplifier? I want to know the reason of this amplification.Why does a small change in base current causes a large change in collector current?

View more questions Search