Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gabz Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Apr 1, 2009, 08:02 PM
    Dry Tattooing (Or Needling) For Acne Scars
    Hi, I really wanted to share this with other users, because I am sooooooo happy with the result.

I can safely say 12 months after having it done, I have a 90% improvement in the minor scars, and a 50% improvement on the very deep scarring. I'm so happy, I just want to tell everyone, so they can chose whether this would be an option for them as well. It's been life changing for me. This is only my first treatment, and to be honest I could live with it now the way it is, but the whole thing was so simple and easy, I'm considering going back for the second treatment now, to completely reduce what is left.

Anyway, about 12 months ago, my partner at the time was a tattooist. So I asked him if he would learn how to do the dry tattooing (needling) for acne scars. Basically what it is, is having the acne scars tattooed over with distilled water, instead of ink. He did, and we did the procedure, it took about 4 days to completely heal after the treatment, and I had instant results.

One thing I must stress here though, is please don't try to do this yourself. Make sure you go to a reputable beauty salon or a tattooist who has been trained in how to do this procedure correctly, as the needle depth must only go to .5mm. Any deeper or shallower than that, and it won't be effective, and you won't get the correct results, because needling at the depth of .5mm stimulates new collagen and restructures under the scar and decreases the depth and appearance on the surface.

The best part? Simple, fast, no side effects, no chemicals or complications etc. and its permanent. Yayyyy! Lol... Once you've had treatment, or even a second treatment if you'd like to, and you are satisfied with the results, you don't ever have to have it done again.

So I hope this has been informative to those who have self esteem issues like I did, because of acne scarring.

Oh, by the way, this treatment is also suitable for dark skin, and can also be used for mild or early signs of wrinkles.

I actually wish I took before and after photos of mine, but I didn't even think of it at the time, but I've attached these 2 images of a girl who had it done. I don't know how many treatments she has had to get to this stage, it looks like 2 treatments to me, but anyway, it gives an idea of what the results look like after healing.
    Attached Images

BlackRose24 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2009, 02:14 PM

Wow your skin is greatly improving good job
    vabelle Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2009, 06:58 PM
    I don't believe this for a second. PEOPLE DON'T BE FOOLED! Before and after pictures are crucial in order for people to believe a change has actually occurred. Not only are these pictures BAD quality, pixilated and small, but they are so obviously photoshoped or even edited with Windows Paint! This is nonsense people!
    kattykit Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2010, 11:14 AM
    I have done skin needleing and it REALLY DOES improve scars and wrinkle A LOT! Do some research and you will find in is a well documented fact that it does work ! It also is not as invasive as a laser or a facial peel but works just a good even better.
    TruthGirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2011, 05:44 PM
    This doesn't work! I had ROLL-CIT done (its the roller with needles) and it ruined my face. My skin tightened so much and changed the shape of my face. Then I had dry tattooing lightly done by someone else to help with scar tissue that had formed and it did the same thing. It ruins your skin, unless you're an elderly person with saggy wrinkled skin. This thickens the skin so much that it's no longer flexible and you look puffy ad tight. Again, maybe if you're older with wrinkles this would be good. But not if you're under the age of 35. It will ruin your face.
    FabianaS Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2012, 10:02 AM
    This is an amazing procedure and it does work.. I have been getting my stretch marks and scars worked on for over 7 months now, and they are reduced to the point you barely see them or feel them,,

Best thing ever
    FabianaS Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2012, 10:04 AM
    This does work,, it works with the same concept as a tattoo gun, not that roller looking thing, I have been doing my stretch marks and scars for and about 2 procedures after they are reduced and almost gone, this is amazing and again I HAD IT DONE AND IT DOES WORK for all those who have a negative remark and you have scars or stretch marks or wrinkles, get a small part done and then get back to your comment, you will swallow all the wrong you are saying but again only the same needling as a tattoo gun uses

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get rid of acne scars [ 11 Answers ]

Hi everyone, im new to this website but it looks pretty cool. Well let me get straight to the point. Im an 18 year old black girl that is suffering from acne scars. I have them all over my face (even thogh make up covers it), all over my back and the top part of my chest. Nobody no's this as ive...

Laser Treatment for acne, acne scars, and red marks [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am 20yrs old and I've had acne since I was 14. This past year, my acne really flared up. I went to a dermatologist and they told me to go on Accutane. I didn't want to go on, because I already suffer from depression. They also suggested laser treatment for red marks from past acne and tiny...

Acne scars [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know how to cure acne scars.plse suggest some good home remedies. I already applied honey over my face and now got one pimple after applying that.plsetell me why did that happen and suggest ways to cure it. I would also like to mention that I have very little acne scars and I...

Acne scars [ 1 Answers ]

I have acne on my butt! Yeah I know it's gross and it leaves black marks on my behind. I need to get rid of them and fast. Please anyone, Help!

Acne scars [ 3 Answers ]

I have acne scars, ice pick kind all over my cheeks and some on my forehead. I have never had cystic acne and my acne never used to leave any scars until about 9 months ago when I started using birth control pills for my acne I used ortho tri cyclen for 6 months which made my acne worse then I...

View more questions Search