Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tonko Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2009, 05:37 AM
    Keeping wanted cookies
    Not sure if this an IE problem or not. I have the bbc.co.uk as my homepage which allows you to customise the content that appears on it. This is obviously stored as cookies so that you don't have to re-do it every time. I have set my privacy 'guard' so that it allows the bbc cookies to remain when I clear the cookie folder. This works fine so long as I do not re-boot the PC. When I do that and launch IE the site just shows the default settings despite the bbc cookies still being present, which means I have to re-set everything. This has only started happening recently. Hardly life-destroying, I know, but very irritating. Any ideas anyone?
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Apr 1, 2009, 05:34 PM

Check your c: drive root directory for a file named DelTemp.bat

If there, delete that file.

Are you running any type of system optimization software? If so, it might be set to delete all cookies either on shutdown or startup
    tonko Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2009, 02:11 AM

What is the "root directory"? I have done a search of the C drive which yielded nothing. Not running any optimization software and, as I say, the cookies are still there on re-boot and IE launch. Is there something in Windows that sets everything back to default on re-boot?
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2009, 10:01 AM

You can reset IE defaults which may help out

Click on tools, internet options, adv. Tab and then scroll down and you will see Reset Defaults button
    -Click that and let it reset the default values and when that is done, close IE and then restart IE

Hopefully that will help

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cookies [ 1 Answers ]

Does Cookies slow your computer down? Do I need to delete cookies and if so can someone please tell me how?

Cookies! [ 1 Answers ]

Im not sure if it's the right place to ask this, but, how can I delete cookies from by browser?

Where's the cookies ? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I am trying to log into my pay pal account for the first time. It says my browser has to accept cookies?? Can somebody let me know... where are the cookies? I thought it was a bad thing to allow. Many thanks :)

Cookies [ 5 Answers ]

Is there a page where I can find out who owns the cookies that keep appearing when I do scan?? Toydajo

View more questions Search