Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    glamorousbride Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2006, 05:57 PM
    Mass
    A thin circular sheet of aluminum has a radius of 20 cm and a thickness of 0.50 mm. Find the mass of the sheet.
    rudi_in Posts: 251, Reputation: 45

Sep 7, 2006, 06:42 PM
    Thank you for posting your question to the Ask Me Help Desk.

Rather than solving this for you, I will provide some guidance.

Here are the steps that I would take to solve this problem.

1. Find the volume of the piece of aluminum. Based on the given information I would use a formula for the volume of a cylinder.

2. Do some research to find the density of aluminum.

3. Use the formula for density using the data collected from 1 and 2 above to solve for the mass.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

DSS in my life (Mass.) [ 11 Answers ]

My 16 year old adopted daughter, who has been with us 4 1/2 years and who has always been watched carefully by us due to previous issues of sexual abuse, neglect, promiscuity, sneaky behavior. etc. and who is very much functioning at the 12-13 year old level (IQ 86) and who is very literal in her...

Height & mass [ 3 Answers ]

A student is 1.7m tall and has a mass of 60Kg. If the dimension of this student shrank by a factor of three(to1/3 previous values) estimate the mass of the shrunk student. I think the answer is not 20 and I don't think it is that easy. Please help me answer this question. Thank you a lot!!

Mass [ 4 Answers ]

What mass of lead(II) nitrate is present in 20.0mL of a solution? See below. Two different lead(II) nitrate solutions are used, each sample is reacted with an excess quantity of a potassium iodide solution, which produces lead(II) iodide.

View more questions Search