Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Apr 1, 2009, 03:08 PM
    Of course I didn't read or hear about it until you posted it. And of course they would not give Palin such a pass. Heck, she was just raked over the coals for allegedly dissing McCain over not having someone to pray with and her "windhield wiper wave."

WAPO's Lois Romano said, "I think it's bizarre and I think it's judgmental and why did she need to pray with any one? Why couldn't she just pray by herself?"

Only problem is, she wasn't complaining, she wasn't being "mean and catty" as David Corn claimed. She was telling a funny story about her daughter Piper. That was conveniently cut out of the clip (the story is at the end of this clip).

Meanwhile, Palin's apparently next in line for the Limbaugh treatment. If she's so irrelevant and such an easy target why does garner so much attention... as opposed to the Secretary of State acting like a buffoon to the rest of the world in trying to "repair America's image abroad"?
    galveston Posts: 451, Reputation: 60

Apr 1, 2009, 03:15 PM

The word "dirty" doesn't begin to describe the treatment that Sarah Palin is being subjected to in a blatant attept to destroy her politically.

Now I hear that so many baseless charges are being made against her that she and her family may be bankrupted by legal expenses.

Way to go, liberals. That behavior is beneath contempt!
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Apr 1, 2009, 05:30 PM

Elliot, you're one funny guy...
    Not just the rant about Bush being respected out of fear from all and sundry but even the bit about the US being the world's bi&ch!

In case you guys didn't realise Sarah Palin is now completely irrelevant to anything important in this world. She's back at home in Alaska where I'm sure she's a wonderful politician. Why bother with the 'what ifs'?
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2009, 02:38 AM

Yeah ;instead we are left with Evita's buffoonery on display .

If Sarah Palin is so irrelevant, why the obsession by the national media ? She still gets routinely attacked despite your claim .

The Republican party continues to mishandle Palin(she was recently invited and then disinvited to a Republican Senatorial fundraiser at a time she could not possibly accept)... but she has still been quite active in national politics despite her duties as Governor of a remote State .There are several congressional seats that will be contested in 2010 ,and her appearance in support of the Republican candidate can be decisive.
    If her efforts make a positive contribution to the Republican effort in 2010 watch out.

Also ,she is one of the Republican Governors who has the courage to tell the President that the part of the stimulus act that would not have long term benefits to the state will not be accepted by the State.

Whoever liberal Democrats attack the most ,and the most aggressively ,is who they fear the most.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2009, 03:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    She still gets routinely attacked despite your claim.
    She is not being attacked, her mistakes are being reported. You view any reporting of missteps as attacks.
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2009, 05:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    She is not being attacked, her mistakes are being reported. You view any reporting of missteps as attacks.
    That's BS. Read my post, check out the links and watch the actual clip as I suggested. That was no misstep and the media's response was a calculated, fabricated attack... and the plans are for more.
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2009, 05:41 AM
    Weird, I respond to Tom and you come back to respond, that always seems to happen...

Anyway, the part you seem to fail at is that you can find any blog that attacks anyone in the world (the pope, Bush, Obama, Star Trek, Gandhi, etc.), they are fanatics everywhere. You seem to love to link to them and give them their day in the sun, I don't know why, well actually I do.;)
    It doesn't stop the fact that Palin isn't the brightest politicians on this earth and is you think that she is a good candidate to lead your party then more power to you.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2009, 05:46 AM
    If Sarah Palin is so irrelevant, why the obsession by the national media ? She still gets routinely attacked despite your claim .
    Hello again, tom:

For the same reason you attack Evita... And it's funner than hell, isn't it?

excon
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2009, 05:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, tom:

For the same reason you attack Evita... And it's funner than hell, isn't it?

excon
    LOL! The hypocrisy is astounding isn't it!
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2009, 06:01 AM

Am I saying Evita is irrelevant ?
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2009, 06:06 AM
    Am I saying Evita is irrelevent ?
    Hello again, tom:

No, you aren't. You're just saying she's a buffoon. That's soooo much nicer than irrelevant.

Exocn
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2009, 06:40 AM
    You're just saying she's a buffoon
    Let's see
    Blunder 1. she snubbed India ,one of most important emerging allies during her Asian trip .On same trip she screwed up regarding the issue of human rights in China .

Blunder 2 .She presents a red button to push (haven't we been working for years to prevent someone pushing the red button) with the word “reset” misspelled in Russian actually saying “overcharged”.

On the same European leg of her Rainbow tour she blindsided Israel, and mispronounced the names of foreign heads of state;said she doesn't understand multi-party democracy,and said our democracy has been around a lot longer than European democracies. I remind you ;she is the top diplomat in the country.

Blunder 3 is the Mexican fiasco. On the same trip as the subject of this posting she told Mexican officials that they were considering reinstituting the assault rifle ban even though the President has said otherwise .

That's a lot of blunders for less than 3 months in office. Even Biden doesn't screw up at that rate.
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2009, 06:48 AM

Hello again, tom:

I see now... When you say Hillary is a buffoon, you're telling the truth. But, when we say Palin is irrelevant, or a nut job, we're lying.

I understand...

excon
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2009, 07:12 AM
    Hello again, tom:

I see now.... When you say Hillary is a buffoon, you're telling the truth. But, when we say Palin is irrelevant, or a nut job, we're lying.

I understand...
    Apparently you didn't read my post and look at the evidence either.
    ETWolverine Posts: 934, Reputation: 275

Apr 2, 2009, 07:25 AM

Excon

First of all, I'M the one who called Hilarious Rotten Clintoon a bufoon, not Tom or DK.

Second, you continue to call Bush a lot worse with a lot less excuse.

Third, none of us have had to take stuff out of context to make Hilarious hilarious. Unlike with Palin, where the only way to make fun of her is to take incidents out of context.

Fourth, if the MSM spent half the time "reporting the facts" about Clintoon as they do "reporting the facts" on Palin, who you admit is not a national figure today, Clintoon would have already resigned in shame.

Maybe.

If she had a shred of dignity left.

OK, maybe not. Be she sure wouldn't continue to be a media darling.

Elliot
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2009, 07:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    Apparently you didn't read my post and look at the evidence either.
    Hello Steve:

I'm not talking about any one instance. I don't even care about the prayer thing. Plus, your "evidence" that people don't agree with me, isn't impressive either.

In my view, the little gaffes that either of them make, aren't the measure of their intelligence or their worldliness. Contrary to you guys, I'm looking at the bigger picture.

The bigger picture is thus:

Sarah Palin is a wonderful person. She doesn't know about the world. That doesn't disqualify her, because that can be fixed. I'm willing to wait to see how much she fixes it.

Hillary knows about the world. You may not AGREE with her views of the world, but she knows about it.

The other picture is this. You don't believe a thing I just said. You, like Elliot, think Sarah Palin walks on water. The only problem with that, is you thought George Bush walked on water too, and look what he did.

The FINAL, bewildering picture, is this: You think George W. Bush did a heckofa job.

Bwa, ha ha ha.

excon
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2009, 07:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ETWolverine View Post
    Second, you continue to call Bush a lot worse with a lot less excuse.
    Hello again, El:

You misunderstand, again... Come on, buddy. There's plenty to argue about beyond this crap.

I'm FINE with the name calling. Hillary is Evita, and a buffoon. The dufus is a dufus. Palin is Palin.

I'm just saying, YOU guys think the name calling is one way, and I was just doing my job of pointing out the hypocrisy. It IS a tough job, but somebody's got to do it.

excon
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2009, 08:06 AM
    Hello Steve:

I'm not talking about any one instance. I don't even care about the prayer thing. Plus, your "evidence" that people don't agree with me, isn't impressive either.
    That one instance is just one in a long series of the media stirring the pot when the pot's empty, and as I noted there appear to be plans to give her the Limbaugh treatment. Rove is probably impressed by the tactics the left is using.

The bigger picture is thus:

Sarah Palin is a wonderful person. She doesn't know about the world. That doesn't disqualify her, because that can be fixed. I'm willing to wait to see how much she fixes it.

Hillary knows about the world. You may not AGREE with her views of the world, but she knows about it.
    The bigger picture is this, Palin isn't the one representing us in world affairs.

The other picture is this. You don't believe a thing I just said. You, like Elliot, think Sarah Palin walks on water. The only problem with that, is you thought George Bush walked on water too, and look what he did.
    You know me better than that, I don't think any politician walks on water. You know I don't trust any of them, and I darn sure don't trust a LIBERAL politician.

The FINAL, bewildering picture, is this: You think George W. Bush did a heckofa job.
    At least I could still recognize my country when he walked away.
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2009, 08:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    ...and I darn sure don't trust a LIBERAL politician.
    You = bigot. (definition here)
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2009, 09:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    You = bigot. (definition here)
    You don't know a thing about me, NK, and it's perfectly obvious you don't have a clue what bigotry is. Distrust does not equal bigotry.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend wants to break up to "Experience College" [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I'll give you the story: I've been dating this girl for 6 months. We are just graduating high school and she is going to college 11 hours away from me. She is rather wealthy and will be spending most of the summer abroad on shopping trips, so we won't see each other much this summer. ...

Noma Thermostat - Blinking "Heat" display [ 1 Answers ]

No Model # can be seen on this new thermostat & no manual can be found. It has been completely programmed for every time and day setting & has been functioning for almost a week now. Today the "Heat" displayed word is blinking on & off. Is this indicating a problem?

"Full stop" or "Period" [ 1 Answers ]

I teach English and have some US students and some English students. I was wondering about the history of the names "full stop" and "period". Which name came first and how did the other name originate?

Evita's "concession [ 6 Answers ]

Words matter or just words ? I think the key will be the words she uses in her concession speech. If she "Endorses" Obama then assume her campaign is over . If she says she "Supports" Obama then she is in truth keeping her campaign viable. Suspending a campaign is not dropping out. Ron Paul...

Your experience of Chanting "Namo Amitufuo" ? [ 3 Answers ]

What are the benefits you get ? How do you chant ? Thanks !

View more questions Search