Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jnwells Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2009, 11:33 PM
    12 to 24 inch diameter parabolic reflector
    Does anyone know where to get a "Deep 12-24 inch parabolic aluminum or steel mirrored reflector" ? Many of the science or lighting labs I find, don't seem to have "deep" dishes, only shallow ones with a small hole in the bottom. I need a bigger hole such as 3 inches or more. Glass is okay, such as from an old traffic light reflector.
    jnwells
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2009, 06:49 AM

I really don't know.

Have you tried eBay?
    Or maybe there's a forum somewhere for collectors of old traffic lights?

What's it for?

I ground a parabolic mirror out of porthole glass once, but that's not going to help you...
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2009, 09:17 AM

These guys Oriel Sales use them in their solar simulators. It's a deep parobolic reflector, metalized aluminum, I believe, but they might cost you about a grand.
    tedschuh Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2009, 05:14 AM

I have a 24 inch glass mirror with a short focal length about 18 inches. It weighs about 80 lbs. I could let it go.

Jul 17, 2009, 05:20 AM
    More info 24 inch mirror. It came with a corrector plate, half inch glass. The mirror has about a 3 inch hole in the center, I think it was made for some sort of projector.

Dec 29, 2009, 11:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tedschuh View Post
    i have a 24 inch glass mirror with a short focal length about 18 inches. it weighs about 80 lbs. i could let it go.

I am interested. Sorry I did not respond sooner. Is this still available? I would like to get more information. :cool:

Dec 30, 2009, 03:31 PM

Sure, email me at [email protected] I live in SE portland.

Jan 2, 2010, 01:07 PM
    Thanks. I will e-mail you.
    AliceHsia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2012, 08:16 PM
    Sure, email me at [email protected]

Intane Optics manufactures high quality optics

Apr 2, 2012, 10:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tedschuh View Post
    I have a 24 inch glass mirror with a short focal length about 18 inches. It weighs about 80 lbs. I could let it go.
    I've been trying to reply to this, Do you still have the 24 inch reflector? I can come by and pick it up.

Jared

Apr 2, 2012, 10:59 PM
    I've had some luck building a 24 inch reflector, check out 24 inch LightSward on Candle Power Forum. I had trouble logging on and didn't respond right away.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rounding to the nearest 1/2 inch and inch [ 4 Answers ]

Sarah was asked to round 4 7/8 in to the nearest 1/2 inch and to the nearest inch. Her answer was the same. Explain why Sarah is correct. Would it be 5 inches. :)

Anti reflector on glasses [ 8 Answers ]

Fluorescent lights make my eyes turn red. In your opinion, will the anti reflector or anti glare feature prevent my eyes from turning red. Thanks in advance.

'ALDI' reflector telescope [ 5 Answers ]

In the UK Aldi and Lidl often offer cheap refractor and reflector telescopes, complete simple sets with tripod and additional lens sets. My grandson was recently offered one, which strongly seems to represent a 700 new 'Big Seben' telescope for only BP 30,00 (US$ 42,00). Has anyone here any...

How to install 72 inch long by 4 inch tall Marble Vanity Backsplash [ 2 Answers ]

I just installed a new 72 inch long Marble vanity in my bathroom. It came with a 72 inch long by 4 inch tall Marble Backsplash. How do I install this backsplash? Do I just put an adhesive behind it? What about the gaps? How do I fill the gap of the top of the backsplash where it hits the...

Replacing 17 inch monitor with 19 inch [ 3 Answers ]

I wish to replace my 17 inch NEC LCD monitor with a Staples 19 inch LCD monitor My computer is a Gateway Do I need to change any settings as the monitor keeps switching off

View more questions Search