Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Orson1278 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2009, 10:04 PM
    How do I find door locks that fit in the center of a door?
    My wife and I are in the process of constructing a house. My wife and I would like to have locks that fit in the center of the door than at the side of the door as is conventional. Is there a lock that is manufactured to be located at the door's center rather than at the side?
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2009, 04:12 AM

Usually, the backsets are installed with several extension links. I suggest you Google "long backset" and look for your brand of lock.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2002 Ford Explorer Door Locks [ 1 Answers ]

Experiencing problems with the electric door locks. Doors no longer lock or unlock with remote, keyless entry or interior switch. You can hear the mechanism activate but there appears to be some restriction on full travel. Changed battery in remote and reprogrammed but still no luck. Could the...

Door Knob in center of front door [ 6 Answers ]

Does anyone know of a resource for replacement parts for my specialty front door. The knob is located in the center of the door with a bird theme metal plate surrounding the knob - door is 35 7/8 wide - I would like to replace the knob - the hardware still works fine, I just need a compatible knob....

Power door locks [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2002 honda civic ex I just bought. The passenger door power lock worked ,but the drivers didn't A month later neither work. I hear the relay click under the dash and it sounds faintly like it is trying to open the locks. Fuse are good and I measured 12v on the solenoid plug when I hit the...

2001 excursion door locks [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2001 excursion and the power door locks do not always work, is there an easy fix?

View more questions Search