Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Amanda12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2009, 04:52 PM
    My father me abandoned 30 years ago
    I am an adult child. My father separated from my mother after my birth and never paid nor appeared anymore. I think to try him, is it possible?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2009, 05:28 PM

What do you mean by "you think to try him"?

Are you attempting to locate him?

Where are you? Country? State?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 1, 2009, 04:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Amanda12 View Post
    I am an adult child.
    Um, either you are an adult or a child, you can't be both.
    AlpineAnnie Posts: 77, Reputation: 13

Apr 1, 2009, 04:08 AM
    I'm assuming you want to find him but we really need more information than you've provided in order to help. What do you know about him? Where do you live?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2009, 05:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Um, either you are an adult or a child, you can't be both.

This is part of what confused me, too - it's legal language ("adult child of ..."), yet otherwise no information, jumbled.

Sounds like some legal input at some time.
    Ren6 Posts: 539, Reputation: 121

Apr 7, 2009, 06:11 AM
    English might not be her first language. I'm an adult, but I'm still the child of my mother, Mary, so I don't think that part is too difficult to figure out. As for the final typo, I'm guessing she's asking if there's any hope in trying to "find" her father.

Amanda, do you have his full name and birth date? That information would be very helpful in your search. Is your mother alive? Perhaps she can fill you in on more details concerning your bio father.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Abandoned for 20 years! [ 1 Answers ]

I was abandoned when I was five months pregnant by the man I married 20 years ago. And now, his relatives looked for us.. and told me that my husband already migrated to California with another wife and kids. I want to sue him for abandonment, financial support for my daughter and moral damages. I...

Father abandoned? [ 2 Answers ]

I am presently married and my daughters possible biological dad has came into the pic after she is 11 yrs old. He has not contacted me until now and was incarcerated when she was born. My daughter has my husbands last name and he also signed birth certifacate. Do I have any rights as to not wanting...

House abandoned for years and no mortgage has not been paid [ 5 Answers ]

I have been divorced for 8 years. Whe we were married we co-signed a mortgage together and then we got divorced several years later and he agreed to take the home. Apparently he never did. My ex-husband filed bankruptcy 3 years ago and the loan was discharged for him. I went to get pre-arppoval...

Father abandoned daughter one and a half years ago and step father wants to adopt [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a question. My daughters father completely stopped contact with my daughter a year and a half ago. We were separated for eight years, Since then I have remarried and gone on with my life. He suddenly stopped all contact with her a year and a half ago, stopped child support about three...

Father abandoned my son [ 4 Answers ]

Here is my question, Dec. 2001 I legally divorced my husband, Father to my then 1 year old son. He has not seen my son since he was approx. 5 months old. He was ordered to pay Child Support, Daycare expenses, and keep up with the Health Insurance for my son. He has done none of these things. I...

View more questions Search