Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    biological dad Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2009, 04:16 PM
    Looking for biological father. At NIKE base in late 60's
    Hello,

My adoptive father just recently died in a tragic mid-air plane collision. I am desperately wanting to find my biological father. I have very little information... his name, Jerry Gregg & he was at the NIKE base near Chicago, ILL in the late 60's.

My biological mother remembers very little & was upset with me when I started to ask questions... said she couldn't believe she had to live through this again.. uggg

So, he was around 19 - 22 maybe a little older in 1968. I was born in February of 1969.

I have heard that he might have been married at the time.. obviously not to my bio mother.

Also, someone thought he was a MP.

If I could access records from the NIKE base from back in the 60's I think I may be able to find him! I am unsure of how to do that & have searched so many other ways...

Oh & the bio mom thinks he might have been from TN? Not sure though.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you :")
    Gem_22205 Posts: 976, Reputation: 129

Apr 3, 2009, 11:24 AM

Would you have any knowledge of or any other way of verifying his date of birth?

Apr 3, 2009, 12:51 PM

Hum... bio mother doesn't want to talk about him... maybe I could find out a month? Thank you so much for your help:")

Apr 3, 2009, 02:24 PM
    Do you know of a Carol that was involved with your father? Sorry. You can disregard that question. The age doesn't quite match.

Apr 4, 2009, 06:24 AM
    Oh My... my bio mother's name is Carole! It was easy to find her, most people don't have the "e" at the end of Carol!

I hope you have info~ thank you!~~~~~

Apr 4, 2009, 03:05 PM
    OK, thanks for the information. That cleared things up for me. I will go back and search from there again. Didn't know if I was on the right track or not.

Apr 4, 2009, 06:24 PM
    Thank you so much!
    Sara

Jun 30, 2009, 10:39 AM
    I am looking for Gemm-2225. Did you have any luck with the search you were working on in regards to my biological father?

Thank you,
    Sara

Jun 30, 2009, 10:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gem_22205 View Post
    OK, thanks for the information. That cleared things up for me. I will go back and search from there again. Didn't know if I was on the right track or not.
    Still hoping there is some hope left in finding him. Please let me know if you've found anything new.

Thank you

Jul 1, 2009, 12:01 PM

Hello biological dad. I will go back and search through different avenues to see if there is something that I may have missed or overlooked. With the very limited information to go on it was/is very hard to single your fathers information from the rest. I will try to assist you the best that I can. Someone else may also be able to find information to help with your search.

Jul 2, 2009, 06:32 AM
    Hello biological dad. I will go back and search through different avenues to see if there is something that I may have missed or overlooked. With the very limited information to go on it was/is very hard to single your fathers information from the rest. I will try to assist you the best that I can. Someone else may also be able to find information to help with your search.
    Hello again,
    I guess when you asked about the name Carole, I thought you might have been on to something. I apologize for not having more information... I've been working on finding out more from the biological aunts.
    Thank you again so much!
    Sara

Jul 2, 2009, 12:00 PM
    I do apologize for the confusion. Going through the different "Gregg's" listed I thought that I was on the right track with the reference to a Carole Lane associated with a Gerald "Jerry" Gregg.Then the trail sort of tapered off. I did not know if I was heading in the right path or not.

Jul 2, 2009, 03:50 PM
    I do apologize for the confusion. Going through the different "Gregg's" listed I thought that I was on the right track with the reference to a Carole Lane associated with a Gerald "Jerry" Gregg.Then the trail sort of tapered off. I did not know if I was heading in the right path or not.
    OMG! Did I give you that name or did you just come up with it in association to the Gerald Gregg? Carole Lane is my biological mother's name!!

OH, I hope you have something... I'm crying as I write this... I pray something comes up.

Thank you so much! You don't know how much I appreciate this!

Sara:o

Aug 1, 2009, 08:08 PM
    You had mentioned Carole Lane. That is the name of biological mother. I received an email today that in 1968 he was 25... or close to that age.. which would make him around 65 or so now. Also she said the NIKE Base was in Arlington Heights, IL. She also stated she believed he was originally from Memphis, TN.:o
    Thank you so much again for your time.

Aug 2, 2009, 04:53 PM

Another option for you is by posting the information which you have with prior military members who maintain current blogs on the Nike Sites may get a lead to your fathers current location. I have posted two (2) links which may help in your search.

Nike Missiles Site:

Illinois Nike Missiles Sites: This site contains former military members and family who may remember your father.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Late 50's early 60's TV movie [ 2 Answers ]

Back in the late 50's or early 60's I watched a "scary" TV movie with my older sister. All I remember about it was there were two frightened nurses alone in a house with a invalid they were caring for and a murder was on the loose. A basement window was found opened and in the end the larger of...

Asking about a TV movie from late 50' or early 60's [ 1 Answers ]

There was a TV movie in the late 50's or early 60's. It may have been on one of the series like Kraft Theater. The name of the show was "Commerce Day." The setting was some time in the future when the public had forgotten about the meaning of Christmas and doe to all the buying, selling and...

Late 50's or early 60's TV movie [ 2 Answers ]

I can remember watching this movie around easter time, I'm not sure if this the exact title but it's as close as I can remember. It's miracle of marcelena. If anyone knows anything about this movie I would like to know if somehow I could get a copy

Can a father loose custidy if his not the biological father? [ 1 Answers ]

My husband has a 5 year old with son with a girl he had a thing with. She loved him and therefor she got pregnant and told him the child was his. She put him trough the ringer cause she wanted to be with and she realized he was never going to be with her she signed her rights to the child away. Her...

View more questions Search