Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FYRFLI01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2009, 04:00 PM
    Evicting tenants with no lease
    How do I evict a tenant who's residency is contingent on the work he performs on the premises (or doesn't perform)? No agreements were signed, I live in New York
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2009, 08:11 AM

Hello F:

In the absence of an agreement, your tenant is considered a month to month tenant. If he doesn't pay rent, no matter WHAT form the rent is, you need to evict him per the landlord/tenant laws of NY.

In the future, I wouldn't combine the two agreements. I'd pay for work performed, and I'd expect a certain amount of rent. I would NOT link the two.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Not renewing tenants lease [ 2 Answers ]

I sent the tenant of my condo notice of my intent not to renew her lease last week - the lease ends in Oct 08 giving her the option of moving before Oct. by providing 30 days written notice and paying only rent for the last month she occupies the unit. She responded with 30 days notice stating...

Tenants right regarding end of lease. [ 2 Answers ]

The person that owns my condo is going to sell our unit on a short sale or go to foreclosure. When I asked him about this several months ago, he said that he was fine and would not go to foreclosure and that I could live here as long as I would like to because this is my home. My lease is up...

Tenants lease is up on 31 [ 4 Answers ]

Tenants lease is over on the 31st and they are to vacate. Called this morning and asked could they stay an additional 7 days. Do I charge them, do I write up a weekly rental agreement, what do I do?

Buyout tenants lease [ 1 Answers ]

My landlord sold the building in which I been living for the past 16 year's now she want to buy me out I will like to find out what is the amount to ask for and what are rights as tenant thank you.

Evicting someone not on the lease [ 3 Answers ]

I live in the state of VA. My older brother has been living with me and my children for over a year now as he needed a place to stay. I didn't think this would be a long term thing but it doesn't look like he plans on going anywhere. He is not the easiest person to get along with and doesn't pay...

View more questions Search