Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    afp007 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2009, 03:38 PM
    AG pool: 3" uneven on one side
    Anything that you can suggest, Help to level one side of 16 x 48 metal pool. It has 4" of water , 3" is not level on one side. Thanks afp007
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 5, 2009, 04:37 PM

You can not level a pool once it is filled with water. Tell me what you mean by "metal pool" are you talking about an above ground pool?
    afp007 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2009, 10:45 AM

IM sorry, It's a AG ( 16' by 48") metal frame pool. It has only has water from the rain. water level is below drain plug, and has accumulated almost 3" on 1/4 to 1/2 of it.
    Thanks,
    afp007
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 6, 2009, 10:55 AM

OK I think I understand now. Once the pool is completely drained you would need to remove the liner which is likely not reuseable. The lower track sits right on the ground and that must be raised and shimmed with brick or other suitable firm foundation material. I would get 10 friends with pry bars to try to slowly pry/raise the entire side wall. A transit or water level used for hanging drop ceilings wshould help you get the pools top edge perfectly horizontal, new sand will need to be poured and leveled along the low side of the pool floor along with coping.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Above groud pool side wall [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have an above ground pool and the side where the return is there is a lot of rust. The whole in the side of the pool for the return is rusting away. The whole is growing. I am afraid that the return will not hold up this summer. How can I patch the whole with out taken the linner out and...

Pool cleaning as a side job [ 3 Answers ]

Do I need insurance or permits to do pool cleaning and small maintenance jobs? This would be as a side job to my regular work. I live in South Carolina.

Groundcover around my soft side pool [ 2 Answers ]

About four years ago we purchased a doughboy oasis pool. This pool has no outside metal walls it looks like a liner on a giant frame. It is made to install on the ground without sand like your standard aboveground pool. It is not the take down type, you leave it up just like a regular aboveground...

View more questions Search