Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Meagan91 Posts: 63, Reputation: 3

Mar 31, 2009, 12:12 PM
    My skin lightening journey (pics included)
    Hey everybody,
    I have been on that forum for quite a while and was a silent lurker for years. But anyway a short introduction. Im 18 years old and longing for a smoother, lighter and more even skin.
    I can't exactly say what celebrity would match my skin colour as they appear different depending on the lightning. So I included pictures. I know Lauren is lighter most of the time but this is the color I look like.

My forehead is about this color. Embarrassing I know.:rolleyes:

My chest and my inner arm are about this color.

My skin is very uneven and Im not sure about the English term, but I think its called cornification of the hair follicles. (More difficulties for skin lightening creams to be absorbed properly.)

Skin lightening history so far:
    -Bio Claire: used it only for 3 weeks due to its unbelievable stench
    --> lightened me about 1- 1 1/2 shades
    -lemon lotion with citric acid: didn't do much beside stinging

Okay this is the regiment I'm now going to start:
    - 1000 mg n-acetylcysteine a day
    - 2000 mg vitamin c with 200 mg rosehips
    - 200 mg alpha-lipoic acid

I also mixed my own lightening cream which contains:
    - 5 % kojic acid
    - 5 % licorice
    - 7 % citric/ glycolic acid
    - I use a basic cream with coconut, sheabutter and avocado oil (but any other basic cream will do as well, just make sure its thick enough)

My aim is this color

Maybe even this

I know the second one is very light, but years ago I had a cold and my nose was peeling like crazy. Et voilą: it was as light as cassies color. (looked really weird, I know) and I had people make remarks about my nose years later. But know its luckily about normal.

Ill try to keep you updated with pics. But I recently lost my camera photo, so I don't have a really good before shot. Maybe ll find one.

Apr 1, 2009, 02:02 AM
    Yesterday evening I applied my cream after showering and diligently scrubbing my skin. It didn't sting at all, so I might go for a higher concentration of glycol/citric acid next time.
    I saw no lightening all over, however I had a dark spot about the size of a coin in the sternoclavicular articulation ( the dent where your throat ends and your chest began).
    It wasn't very visible because and rather looked like a shadow. But right after applying my cream I scratched the skin at that spot and it revealed lighter skin (slightly lighter than my average complexion). :eek:
    kpangor Posts: 357, Reputation: 2

Apr 1, 2009, 10:14 PM

U might want to use body scrubs if yr skin is peeling instead of scratching it, you might hurt yrself sweety...

Apr 2, 2009, 08:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kpangor View Post
    u might wanna use body scrubs if yr skin is peeling instead of scratching it, you might hurt yrself sweety...
    Oh, I didn't scratch my skin in order to peel it, just because it felt a little itchy (has nothing to do with my cream). The upper layer sloshed off and revealed lighter skin. Didn't even intend or expect it to happen during the first-time application.
    linda11 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2009, 01:30 PM

How can I make this cream sweety?/

Apr 2, 2009, 04:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by linda11 View Post
    how can i make this cream sweety?/
    Its really easy to mix. I mix together two teaspoons of kojic acid, two teaspoons licorice powder, two teaspoons glycolic acid (liquid) and a bit of citric acid (crystals). Then I poor in a bit of water and wait till it fully dissolves. Afterwards I add 200g of my coconut cream.
    The cream has a really good consistence, however I can see a bit of residue that hasn't fully dissolved. I think it's the licorice, but I can't really figure out. Next time Ill maybe use a sieve to prevent that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is Benzylarbutin the only thing that gives dramatic skin lightening? (PICS) [ 6 Answers ]

I saw this guy's results on the Depig.forumup.com forum, and am quite jealous. I have only been using herbalinn fairness cream, and have only got half as much lightening as he has. Well I have been using it for a month, and this guy has been using it for he says 9 weeks. It's supposed to give...

Skin lightening for dark Afro skin/ max result [ 72 Answers ]

Hey, I've been reading the forums, it is so much info to absorb. Is their anyone who has had dark Afro- Amer or Afro- Carib and are know a fairer and more even complexion from using skin lighteners. If so can you lead me in a direction, I am willing to use any regime just not too expensive. Thanks...

My lightening journey [ 13 Answers ]

So here goes... I use DS kojic acid soap. I am using a compound of 4% hydroquinone, lidex, lubriderm on my really dark spots. After that I apply 10% AHA lotion, I'm going to try and find a 15%. I also take a 500 mg vitamin C tableta every day. This going to be my rountine everyday. I want...

View more questions Search