Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    whittaker55 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2009, 12:06 PM
    Our boxer has problems
    We rescued a boxer from a local shelter, he was beated and nearly starved to death! Most of his history isn't good but now he has come along way since then. But now some other problems has emerged. He needs to gain more weight( you can see back bone still) and he is tearing up bedding in his crate. I have took everything out of his crate and spent a lot of money on different pillows but he keeps ripping it up! Or he will poop all over them:mad::mad:

I don't know what to do.
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2009, 12:08 PM

How old is your puppy? Have you taken him to any puppy classes yet? They can get you on the right track, especially with the crate training. Has he had his shots? Have you tried feeding him a little bit more?
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

Mar 31, 2009, 12:30 PM

My boxer was really skinny, I started giving him some meat (mostly chicken gizzards) and eggs and he put on weight, still a picky eater though. Try giving him one of your shirts or something with your scent on it, might just be lonely in his crate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Boxer dog [ 1 Answers ]

my boxer dog won't eat or drink she is in the vets she has had x-rays bloodtests she is on a drip as she hasn't eaten for a week all the tests have came back OK,vets don't know what is wrong with her.

Our Boxer hurt her leg [ 3 Answers ]

Our boxer (15mts) played all day yesterday running around. Bed time we noticed that she was walking funny. This morning she can hardly walk on her back leg at all. She is laying down and not eating. We heard her whine a few times but for the most part she seems to just want to sit close to us...

Lab and boxer puppies [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 9 month lab, and we are thinking about adding a new 3 month old boxer into the mix. My lab is a female and the boxer is a male. Will they get along at this age? Please help me with your answer Eggs

Boxer dog [ 1 Answers ]

Could someone please help me my boxer has not been eating well she has been pushing her plat away, She had her first season about a month ago and her nipples are still really big the back two look swolen, Somebody asked me the other day if she was pregnant because they looked that big but...

1 yr old boxer won't eat [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1 yr old female boxer that keeps pushing the plate away and won't, she smells the food even from my hand and walks away. Do they get tired of the food ? I tried a . Different flavor from can, but that didn't do it and she also crys ,I imaging from hunger or maybe from her period (she...

View more questions Search