Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bdoor Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2009, 11:24 AM
    Sensitive mothering
    Can u help with any information about my essay of child development ::confused::confused:
    Sensitive mothering is essential to the social and emotional development of the child.
    Any information will be helpful :)
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2009, 06:46 AM

Not exactly sure what you are referring to when you say "sensitive mothering"... but certainly time, attention, and nurturing are vital for a child's development. Many feel that if a child does not have that sort of commitment from some type of caregiver... doesn't necessarily have to be a mother, in the early years you will have a difficult time making up for it later on. Several studies have been done on children in some orphanages where there is very little interaction between young children and their care providers, only the basic needs are met. These children showed a marked decrease in social interaction, eye contact, empathy, etc..
    Check out the following sites for more info to do your research on:

Vital first steps: emotional attachments children form in their earliest years play a crucial part in their future mental health. | Society | The Guardian

Infant Mental Health: Fostering a Nurturing Environment for an Infant to Flourish

http://www.nurturingparenting.com/re...to_connect.pdf

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I too sensitive? [ 21 Answers ]

I was vacationing with my hubby in Florida and we were teasing around in the pool. Out of NO WHERE he tells me that if I get any bigger he will have to put me in two urns. ( he knows that I do NOT want to be cremated so he was making a BAD joke about the urn which he has done before.) However, to...

Male cat "mothering" new kitten [ 2 Answers ]

I recently got a new female kitten (7 weeks) and I was worried how our 3 years old intact male would treat her. The strange thing is, after the first day (which seemed normal, hissing and fighting) the fighting turned into playing, and now my male cat is grooming her and trying to grab her by...

Am I too sensitive? [ 16 Answers ]

Dear Readers, Before Thank you For Your Care Everybody! Time Sure Flies! I Haven't Posted Here For A Month Now! Kathleen And I Are Truly Back Together And I Have Been Seeking Counciling And Everything! I Changed A lot Since Than! We Are Back Together Since Sept 20 But Things Till Linger Us...

View more questions Search