Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shhe77777 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2006, 08:37 AM
    Leasing Tenant evicting another Tenant
    What is required by the court in the state of Michigan for a listed Tenant to Evict a non listed Tenant on a lease/land contract when the non listed Tenant pays the monthly rent, and all utilities are in non listed tenants name at the residents and both have been a resident from day one and the owner of the home knows they are both tenants but only listed one name?

Can the listed Tenant even file for an eviction or does the owner of the home have to do the eviction?

Is a Landlords license required for either/both to file an eviction notice?
    cpalmist Posts: 137, Reputation: 32

Sep 11, 2007, 07:24 PM
    If the landlord did even a half-azzd job on the leasing agreement, then the lease names the tenant and usually has language forbidding subleasing by the tenant unless by written permisson of the landlord.
    So the subtenant may be paying all the bills but is there illegally and so has no rights (if the lease is even marginal at best) and can be forced out legally by the landlord unless y'all cut a new deal. The Tenant is still responsible for whatever.
    See it, read it, live it. It's the Law! (well in most places)

Please rate if useful to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New jersey tenant [ 3 Answers ]

I moved into a 2 bedroom apt that already had 1 tenant living there. We never signed a lease but paid the rent 50/50 each month by sending in separate checks. She moved out and did not find a replacement roommate and now the landlord is saying that I owe the last two months FULL rent (I was...

Tenant [ 4 Answers ]

My question is in New Hampshire deposit law.We moved out,had house cleaned,painted walls and door jams.We gave them 30+days notice.I took pictures but forgot news paper,opps.We have been out for 1 month,but no return of deposit.We have called 3 times,no response.We were told they are having Home...

Tenant can't pay rent [ 4 Answers ]

I have been renting out rooms in my house to make ends meet until it sells . The renters knew it was for sale before they moved in . One of the renters told me she can't pay the rent this month cause she quit her job as it was to stressful . She also said if I had to evict her then do it . I am on...

Tenant [ 2 Answers ]

Does landlord have to actually give you 30 days for eviction or is it automatic?

View more questions Search