Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1639frazier Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2009, 08:56 AM
    2 cycle hesitation on speed runup
    My Echo edger will run at top speed once you get it there,but if you open the throttle quickly the engine will bog down ,cough, die and not idle. The carb is torn down and clean The metering diaphram is pliable and the needle valve works in shutting off the fuel supply. I have worked on many carbs. But this situation always baffles me . I know this is a common problem and is usually a loose head ,clogged carb .or gasket vacuum leak but to me this one needs a further suggestions. Thanking You P.Burt
    DG Posts: 1,375, Reputation: 109
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2010, 09:01 AM

Try the air to fuel mixture screws some have to some have one.
    It should be stamped beside them
    H & L .If I take a 2 cycle carb apart I always put a kit in it and check needle arm setting.
    Good Luck.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Feb 22, 2010, 12:59 PM

Hi,
    What brand and model carb. Current ones use a check valve in the main jet because of the EPA. Spraying carb cleaner will free it, but follow with something like WD40 immediately to flush it and prevent damage from some components of the carb cleaner.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Jeep hesitation [ 3 Answers ]

:confused:hi,. I have a 94 jeep grand cherokee ltd. 4.0 liter ,inline 6,. 4wd (4by4) Anyway I was driving and I noticed the engine revving but the vehicle not accelerating,so after that it just got worse as I put it into any gear it would just shake and shut off (R,D,2,L)but when the I place the...

In Plants: Light Cycle vs Dark Cycle vs Calvin Cycle vs Cellular Respiration? [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone explain to me the difference between these? I am trying to write a lab report and have no idea what I'm writing about.

95 grand am hesitation [ 2 Answers ]

While idleing it runs rough it hesitates at take off and when excellerating on highway or just driving. It gets worse if you are running the air conditioner.

Honda Civic 98 - Hesitation [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Bought a Honda Civic Si manual '98 two months ago from dealership. 3 Days later start having probs - Starts up fine and runs well for first 3 miles or so then once up to running temperature starts suddenly losing power, then starts forward again - this goes on for a mile maybe then it just...

View more questions Search