Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    momincali Posts: 641, Reputation: 242

Oct 16, 2006, 09:06 PM
    I don't think it will come to that Pat. I think that by you taking back control, she may just see you in a different light and want you even more.

Those conversations are tough, but necessary I guess, it only makes you stronger right?
    PatBateman Posts: 144, Reputation: 11

Oct 17, 2006, 06:36 AM
    Haha well, being optimistic is a good thing, but since she got back from California yesterday morning she hasn't contacted me yet. But then again, she hasn't been online or whatever, so we'll see.

I'm no longer stressing about this, as I've realized that if anything, meeting this girl has boosted my confidence in women a bit, and has taught me a little about the rules of dating someone new. I've already benefitted from this, even if she never talks to me again.
    momincali Posts: 641, Reputation: 242

Oct 17, 2006, 11:37 AM
    With that attitude Pat, you will definitely land on your feet, no matter what she throws at you. Good for you.

Oct 18, 2006, 06:55 PM
    Well I guess not all is lost. Yesterday night she sent me a little message on Facebook just saying how she's back from home, etc. I didn't respond.

You guys think I should write one back tomorrow? Or just wait a while until she contacts me again?
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2006, 07:02 PM
    Id be waiting a while.
    You don't want to appear as though you are 'too available' to her. Those were her words.
    Well now your busy with other things.
    I'm sure she isn't going anywhere with anyone else so why not just wait a little and let her think. And if she does well you know she wasn't worth it anyway!

Give her the space she is asking for!

Oct 18, 2006, 07:19 PM
    Oh crap, she just IMed me and she knows I'm online.

I'm just making some small talk with her now and I'm going to end it.

Here's the convo:

Her: hey there... how are you doing?
    Me: I'm good, you?
    Her: swamped...
    Her: but good
    Me: how was you weekend?
    Her: great... I got to see lots of family and friends..
    Her: the wedding was awesome... I just didn't get any time to study really
    Me: haha well that's to be expected
    Her: but it was nice to be home...
    Her: I haven't done that since I graduated and I won't be able to see fresno people during christmas break
    Me: did your parents cook you any special meals?
    Her: they all tend to scatter
    Her: of couse... I got my fave the night I came in
    Me: and what's that
    Her: sirloin tips w/ ice and broccoli
    Me: oh really
    Her: yep... one of my all time faves
    Me: I would have thought it to be something fancie
    Me: like veal medalions o something in a glaze
    Her: why would you think that?
    Me: no reason, it's just that steak tips, ice, and broccoli is something I actually eat quite often, so I don't see it as being special
    Her: how long does it take you to make?
    Me: I don't make it... I have my boy anthony grill the steak tips for me
    Her: yeah... you are missing out
    Me: yeah I haven't had steak tips in a while
    Me: I usually cut anthony's hair, and he pays me with meat
    Her: lol
    Me: did you go to karate tonight
    Her: no... my ankle still hurts and I'm swamped with work
    Me: when and how did you injure it?
    Her: last week in sparring I rolled it and reinjued it fom this summer
    Me: well some time off will be good... my injuries are finally gone
    Me: no more shoulder pain, and my knee is better too
    Her: that's good
    Her: bb... have to restart comp

She signed off before I could end the conversation. I just put up my away message and I'm done talking to her for the night. She's prob testing me to see if I'll still be on here waiting for her to come back... lol.
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2006, 09:19 PM
    Your busy, got to go. Things to do, people to see.

Oct 19, 2006, 06:47 AM
    She sent me a text message just as I was about to go to bed and told me her comp was flaking on her and she said "sweet dreams"... I sent her one back and called it a night. I'm not going to talk to her at all today.

I'm going to keep sort of a journal type thing here, as I see if I can turn things around. Maybe people can learn from my experience.
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2006, 10:02 AM
    You keep saying your not going to talk... but that's way too much text and IMing?

Stop it!

Get a hold of yourself. Way too available to this gal - STILL!

Oct 19, 2006, 10:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat21
    You keep saying your not going to talk....but that's way too much text and IMing?

Stop it!

Get a hold of yourself. Way too avaialble to this gal - STILL!
    Really? I hadn't talked to her since last Thursday... it had almost been a week without contact...

That conversation was only 5 min long...

If you think I should be even less available, I'll do it then. No contact this whole weekend.
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2006, 11:21 AM
    I didn't realize that. Ok.

Oct 19, 2006, 11:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat21
    I didn't realize that. Ok.
    Haha yeah, I was going to say... lol.

I think as long as I keep it to 2-3 short convos a week I'll be fine. I'm just glad that I didn't mess this up completely.
    hehehman Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2007, 11:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by PatBateman
    Ok, so I've been seeing this girl for about a month now and we really have great chemistry. In the beginning (my earlier posts) she wanted to hook up with me. It all began when she asked me to go home with her one night after we both attended a party, and I basically refused her advances 3-4 times and treated her with respect.

Well, as time went on, and we went on more and more dates, she confessed to me that she has feelings for me now and really likes me. That's good, because I like her alot too. So, this past weekend, I was ready for sex, because I felt comfortable around her and after a month of getting to know her, I felt that it would be OK. So I tell her this when we're messing around on Sat night and she says no!!!!

I was like, "huh?"

She told me that now it's different because she has feelings for me and she doesn't want to get hurt. This doesn't make any sense because she obviously had no problems hooking up with 2 guys before me, and now I go out of my way and am better and nicer than the other guys and I can't get sex?

Someone please explain whats going on here.
    Just let her come back to you,when she was chasin you could get what you wasn't but when you stop her chasin she gets a little confused so keep her chasin you then ul get what you want though she may turn out to be a lapdog! An that isn't good either

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Help with a girl... [ 5 Answers ]

I have known this girl all year but I have only recently started talking to her she is a very nice girl but my problem is not her its more around her she is mexican I am white and I have a very traditional family that is not really even the major problem I was recently thinking of asking her out...

There's this girl... [ 106 Answers ]

I'm 15, and there's this girl who lives in my neighborhood and we are kind of friends and I really like her. I'm too nervous to ask her out, and I don't want to get rejected because I don't know if she likes me or not. Also, I don't know what my friends will think of me if I go out with her (no...

What to do about the girl I am with :-( [ 1 Answers ]

I figured it out thanks

Question for a girl ? [ 9 Answers ]

This girl I am currently seeing but not really going out with says she is undecided if she is going to date me or not and Im really worried. I mean I would love to date her but I wish I knew what she means by undecided. So my question for you is when a girl says she is undecided about dating...

View more questions Search