Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lenox263 Posts: 0, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2009, 07:35 AM
    Roman Catholic Antichrist?
    Here is My Reasons

Why am I not Roman Catholic?
    1. OF ALL THE HUMAN TRADITIONS taught and practiced by the Roman Catholic Church, which are contrary to the Bible, the most ancient are the prayers for the dead and the sign of the Cross. Both began 300 years after Christ... 310AD.

2. Wax Candles introduced in church about 320AD.

3. Veneration of angles and dead saints about 375

4. The Mass, as a daily celebration, adopted 394AD.

5. The worship of Mary, the mother of Jesus, and the use of the term, 'Mother of God', as applied to her, originated in the Council of Ephesus in... 431AD.

6. Priests began to dress differently from the laity in 500AD.

7. The doctrine of Purgatory was first established by Gregory the Great about the year 593AD.

8. The Latin language, as the language of prayer and worship in churches, was also imposed by Pope Gregory I. 600 years after Christ... 600AD. The Word of god forbids praying and teaching in an unknown tongue. (1Cor.14:9).

9. The Bible teaches that we pray to God alone. In the primitive church never were prayers directed to Mary, or to dead saints. This practice began in the Roman Church about 600AD. (Matt. 11:28; Luke 1:46; Acts 10:25-26; 14:14-18)

10. The Papacy is of pagan origin. The title of pope or universal bishop, was first given to the bishop of Rome by the wicked emperor Phocas, in the year 610AD. This he did to spite Bishop Ciriacus of Constantinople, who had justly excommunicated him for his having caused the assassination of his predecessor emperor Mauritius. Gregory I, then bishop of Rome, refused the title, but his, successor, Boniface III, first assumed title "Pope." Jesus did not appoint Peter to the headship of the apostles and forbade any such notion. (Lk. 22:24-26;Eph.1:22-23;Col.1:18;lCor.3:11)... is there any mention in Scripture, nor in history, that Peter ever was in Rome, much less that he was pope there for 25 years; Clement, 3rd bishop of Rome, remarks that there is no real lst century evidence that Peter ever was in Rome."

11. The kissing of the Pope's feet began in 709AD. It had been a pagan custom to kiss the feet of emperors. The Word of God forbids such practices. (Read Acts 10:25-26; Rev. 19: 1 0; 22:9).

12. The Temporal power of the Popes began 750AD. When Pepin, the usurper of the throne of France, descended into Italy, called by Pope Stephen II, to war against the Italian Lombards, he defeated them and gave the city of Rome and surrounding territory to the pope. Jesus expressly forbade such a thing, and He himself refused worldly kingship. (Read Matt 4:8-9; 20:25-26; John 18:38).

13. Worship of cross, of images and relics was authorized in 788AD. This was by order of Dowager Empress Irene of Constantinople, who first caused to pluck the eyes of her own son, Constantine VI, and then called a church council at the request of Hadrian I, pope of Rome at that time.

14. Holy Water, mixed with a pinch of salt and blessed by the priest, was authorized in 850AD.

15. The veneration of St. Joseph began in 890AD.

16. The baptism of bells was instituted by Pope John XIV, in the year 965AD.

17. Canonization of dead saints, first by Pope John XV in 995AD. Every believer and follower of Christ is called saint in the Bible. (Read Rom, 1:7; I Cor. 1:2).

18. Fasting on Fridays and during Lent were imposed in the year 998AD.

Imposed by popes said to be interested in the commerce of fish. (Bull, or permit to eat meat), some authorities say, began in the year 7OOAD. This is against the plain teaching of the bible. (Read Matt.15:10 1Cor. 10:25; 1Tim.4:1-3).

19. The Mass was developed gradually as a sacrifice; attendance made obligatory in the 11th century. The Bible teaches that the sacrifice of Christ was offered once and for all, and not to be repeated, but only commerated in the Lord's Supper. (Read Heb.7:27; 9:26-28; 10: I 0- 14).

20. The celibacy of the priesthood was decreed by Pope Hildebrand, Boniface VII, in the year 1079AD. Jesus imposed no such rule, nor did any of the apostles. On the contrary, St. Peter was a married man, and St. Paul says that bishops were to have wife and children. (Read 1st Tim. 3:2,5, and 12: Matt 8:14-15).

21. The Rosary, or prayer beads was introduced by Peter the Hermit, in the year 1090AD. Copied from Hindus and Mohammedans 1090AD. The counting of prayers is a pagan practice and is expressly condemned by Christ (Matt 6:5-13).

22. The Inquisition of heretics was instituted by the Council of Verona in the year 1184. Jesus never taught the use of force to spread His religion ...1184AD.

23. The sale of Indulgence, commonly regarded as a purchase of forgiveness and a permit to indulge in sin, began in the year 1190AD. Christianity, as taught in the Bible, condemns such a traffic, and it was the protest against this traffic that brought on the Protestant Reformation in the 16th century.

24. The dogma of Transubstantiation was decreed by Pope Innocent III, in the year 1215AD. By this doctrine the priest pretends to perform a daily miracle by changing a wafer into the body of Christ, and then he pretends to eat Him alive in the presence of his people during Mass. The Bible condemns such absurdities; for the Lords Supper is simply a memorial of the sacrifice of Christ. The spiritual presence of Christ is implied in the Lord's Supper is simply a memorial of the sacrifice of Christ. The spiritual presence of Christ is implied in the Lord's Supper. (Read Luke 22:19-20; John 6:35; I Cor. 11:26).

25. Confession of sins to the priest at least once a year was instituted by Pope Innocent III, in the Lateran Council, in the year 1215AD. The Bible commands us to confess our sins direct to God. (Read Psalm. 51: 1 - 10; Luke 7:48; 15:21; John 1:8-9). 26. The adoration of the wafer (Host), was decreed by Pope Honorius in the year in 1220AD. So the Roman Church worships a God made by human hands. This is plain idolatry and absolutely contrary to the spirit of the Gospel. (Read John 4:24).

27. The Bible forbidden to laymen and placed in the Index of forbidden books by the Council of Valencia in 1229AD. Jesus commanded that the Scriptures should be read by all. (John5:39: lTim.3:15-17).

28. The Scapular was invented by Simon Stock, an English monk, in the year ... 1287AD. It is a piece of brown cloth, with the picture of the Virgin and supposed to contain supernatural virtue to protect from all dangers those who wear it on naked skin. It is fetishism.

29. The Roman Church forbade the cup to the laity, by instituting the communion of one kind in the Council of Constance n 1414AD. The Bible commands us to celebrate the Lord's Supper with unleavened bread and the fruit of the vine. (Read Matt. 26:27; I Cor. 11:26-29).

30. The doctrine of Purgatory was proclaimed as a dogma of faith by Council of Florence in 1439AD. There is not one word in the Bible that would teach the purgatory of priests. The blood of Jesus Christ cleanseth us from all sins. (Read I John 1:7-9; 2:1-2; John 5:24; Rom. 8: 1).

31. The doctrine of 7 Sacraments affirmed in 1439AD. The Bible says that Christ instituted only two ordinances, Baptism and the Lord's Supper. (Read Matt. 28:19-20; 26:26-28).

32. The Ave Maria, part of the last half in 1508AD. It was completed 50 years afterward and finally approved by Pope Sixths V, at the end of the 16th century.

33. The Council of Trent, held in the year 1545, declared that Tradition is of equal authority with the Bible 1545AD. By tradition is meant human teachings. The Pharisees believed the same way, and Jesus bitterly condemned them, for by teaching human tradition, they nullified the commandments of God. (Read Mark 7:7-13; Col. 2:8; Rev. 22:18).

34. The apocryphal books were added to the Bible also by the Council of Trent in 1546 These books were not recognized as canonical by the Jewish Church. (See Rev. 22:8-9).

35. The Creed of Pope Pius IV was imposed as the official creed 1560 years after Christ and the apostles, in 1560AD. True Christians retain the Holy Scriptures as their creed. Hence their creed is 1500 years older than the creed of Roman Catholics. (Read Gal. 1:8).

36. The Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary was proclaimed by Pope Pius IX in the year 1854AD. The Bible states that all men, with the sole exception of Christ, are sinners. Mary herself had need of a Savior. (Read Rom. 3:23; 5:12; Psalm. 51:5; Luke 1:30,46,47).

37. In the year 1870 after Christ, Pope Pius IX proclaimed the dogma of Papal Infallibility 1870AD. This is a blasphemy and the sign of the apostasy and of the antichrist predicted by St. Paul. (Read II These. 2:2-12; Rev. 17:1-9; 13:5-8,18). Many Bible students see the number of the beast (Rev. 13:18). 666 in the Roman letters of the Pope's title: "VICARIVS FILLII DEI." -V.5, I-1; C-100, l-l: v-5, 1-1; L-50, 1-1; 1-1-Total, 666.

38. Pope Pius X, in the year 1907, condemned together with 'Modernish", all the discoveries of modern science which are not approved by the Church... 1907AD. Pius IX had done the same thing in the Syllabus of 1864.

39. In the year 1930 Pius XI, condemned the Public Schools... 1930AD.

40. In the year 1931 the same pope Pius XI, reaffirmed the doctrine that Mary is "the Mother of God.... 1931AD. This doctrine was first invented by the Council of Ephesus in the year 431AD. . This is a heresy contrary by Mary's own words. (Read Luke 1:46-49; John 2:1-5).

41. In the year 1950 the last dogma was proclaimed by Pope Pius XII, the Assumption of the Virgin Mary ....1950AD

42. (Revelation 17:9)The Roman Catholic Church is the Woman of seven hills

Compton's Pictured Encyclopedia, 1948, Volume 12, page 144, also tells us about the city of seven hills.
    ...the "City of Seven Hills."... the Capitoline, Palatine, Aventine, Quirinal, Viminal, Esquiline, and Caelian hills.. . the seat of the papacy, the head of the great Roman Catholic Church.

43 THE PAPACY 8th head of the beast

1Egypt
    2Babylon(Lion)
    3Medo-Persia (Bear)
    4Greece (Leopard)
    5 Pagan Rome
    6 Empirial Rome
    7 Papal Rome(little horn power see daniel) 538AD vigiluis 2 - 1870 AD
    8 Vatican- 1929 Lateran treaty Under Mussolini ( The beast that received wound on the head but healed will to perdition)

12And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

13I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

14Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city.

7Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book.

7He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2009, 07:46 AM

1. The teachings that you believe began when?
    2. So what's your problem with candles?
    3. Wrong. You don't know your history as well as you should. Have you not heard of Polycarp?
    4. Wrong on the history again. Have you not read the Didache?
    5. Wrong on doctrine. The worship of Mary is grave sin according to the Catholic Church.
    6. So what?
    7. You must not know the writings of the New Testament.

... that's enough for me. You clearly do not know the true teachings of the Roman Catholic faith. You are just regurgitating anti-Catholic sentiment.

Why not just work out your own faith with fear and trembling, as we are encouraged in the Bible?

Judge not lest you be judged.

And EVEN IF you are fully convinced of the wrongness of others, why not follow another exhortation given by Christ Himself:

Forgive others as you would have them forgive you.

Mar 31, 2009, 08:09 AM

http://www.holyghostchurch.com/pics/...ships_mary.jpg

Are you Catholic

Where inn the bible does it say we make statues of the saints.

Where in the bible does it say we go in the confession both

Where in the bible does it say Pope is the Vicar

Where in the Bile does it say priests are not allowed to mary
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2009, 08:13 AM

While I personally do not agree with the Roman Catholic's beliefs on many subjects and personally feel they are too steeped in religion ( AKA Jewish priests in AD33) many feel that this symbolism represents the true meaning of Christianity. That is one of the many reasons that there are so many religions around the world. There is really no reason to site all the things you feel are wrong with the Catholic church except to get an argument started.
    Moderator, please think about closing this thread now!
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2009, 08:15 AM
    Lenox:

I find it interesting that you ignore the brief response given to your list.

Is changing the subject the best you can do when questions or comments are given that you do not agree with?

I already know the answer: You are not prepared to give a response since all you have done is regurgitate anti-Catholic sentiment.

Try this on for size: Christ spoke of HIS Church. His Church is one. There are many who do not agree with YOU.

So does that mean that all who do not agree with what has been pumped into your head are not Christians?

Think about that...

So as for this thread on this forum. You ranted - and there was a response to your first 7 comments.

Would you like to stick with it?

If so, answer one or more of the responses to your first 7 "points".
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2009, 08:34 AM

... bear with lenox, folks, while he scrambles for his anti-Catholic literature to use for his retort. We will look forward to his response :)

Mar 31, 2009, 08:44 AM

Issaih8v20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

It does not matter what religion the person is, any religion that does not agree with the Bible is not of God
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 31, 2009, 08:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lenox263 View Post
    It does not matter what religion the person is, any religion that does not agree with the Bible is not of God
    And your religion is?
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2009, 08:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lenox
    Issaih8v20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

I agree.

And further, to clarify: that is the teaching of the Roman Catholic Church - who teaches that Scripture is the inerrant Word of God.

And so, back to your points?
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2009, 09:10 AM

I found the site where you copied all of your riveting misinformation from.The least you could do is give copyright credit to the original author.
    That is not a very Christian thing to do.

LIST OF CATHOLIC HERESIES And HUMAN TRADITIONS
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2009, 09:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by artlady View Post
    I found the site where you copied all of your riveting misinformation from.The least you could do is give copyright credit to the original author.
    That is not a very Christian thing to do.
    The Romanisation of Catholicism & the Petrine Deception
    Thank you, artlady, for pointing that out. It is, then, as I guessed: just a regurgitation of anti-Catholic sentiment.. . and worse yet, further testimony to the world at how divided our faith is.

Thankfully, there are wonderful things happening today that some just do not see.

If you Can prove all the points I made are in the Bible Teaching then Roman Catholism is not Antichrist. Jesus warned

(a) Correct doctrine is foundational to biblical Christianity. The system of doctrine taught by Scripture defines God, Christ, salvation, ethics, sin and everything a person needs for faith and life (2 Tim. 3:15-17). Without correct doctrine the object of our faith is false and all is lost. (b) Correct doctrine is crucial because false and man-made doctrine drives out, replaces and nullifies true teaching (Mt. 15:1-9; Col. 2:8, 20-23).

I am a BibleChristian
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    And your religion is?
    His copy and paste job came from a Baptist website.

LIST OF CATHOLIC HERESIES And HUMAN TRADITIONS
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 31, 2009, 09:18 AM
    I am a BibleChristian
    And very judgmental. WWJS?
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2009, 09:20 AM
    If you Can prove all the points i made are in the Bible Teaching then Roman Catholism is not Antichrist. Jesus warned

(a) Correct doctrine is foundational to biblical Christianity. The system of doctrine taught by Scripture defines God, Christ, salvation, ethics, sin and everything a person needs for faith and life (2 Tim. 3:15-17). Without correct doctrine the object of our faith is false and all is lost. (b) Correct doctrine is crucial because false and man-made doctrine drives out, replaces and nullifies true teaching (Mt. 15:1-9; Col. 2:8, 20-23).

I am a BibleChristian

Sorry, lenox, it does not work that way.

The proof is on YOU. YOU made the claims, so back them up yourself.

Did they not teach you that?

Mar 31, 2009, 09:23 AM
    I sais prove from the Bible if the points are wrong
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2009, 09:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    And very judgmental.
    Yes. I think lenox does not know scripture as well as he thinks he does: Matthew 7:1-5

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

3"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 31, 2009, 09:26 AM
    i sais prove from the Bible if the points are wrong
    No, like RickJ said, the burden is on you to prove those points are correct. (I'm still chuckling about the candles.) Rick has been nice enough to refute the first seven. What say you about those first seven?

Mar 31, 2009, 09:29 AM

Prove the 43 points made about this faith made wrong.

2 Peter 1:20-21: "Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost. (KJV)"

2 Timothy 3:16: "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness."

Mar 31, 2009, 09:31 AM

This the Great Apostacy spoken in the latter days

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Roman Catholic wedding [ 5 Answers ]

My son is getting married in a Catholic church. His fiancé is Roman Catholic and her parents are very strict Roman Catholic. He is not catholic nor has he been baptized. The fiance's family wants to have communion at the wedding and my son does not because he would not be a participant. The priest...

The Antichrist [ 9 Answers ]

Okay I need a real, very educated in bible study person to answer a question I have regarding the antichrist. In revelations 13- whatever.. it is talking about the antichrist am I right? Okay well can anybody sum it up.. like for instance it talks about the beast coming out of the water, which my...

My wife is a christian and I'm a roman catholic [ 62 Answers ]

We got married at her church and now she is suggesting for a baby girl to be baptised at her church but, I kind of want her to have her christining at my church? This religion thing between us didn't come to my mind at all when I married her. I truly love her but need some advice. I honeslty...

Is G. W. Bush the Antichrist? [ 110 Answers ]

I stumbled upon a websith that really has me wondering if bush is the Antichrist. Please go to www.bushisantichrist.com and read the proof that he is indeed the antichrist or at least fits the 666 part of it. I know that in the last year all of the great scholars have come forth to say that the...

View more questions Search