Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    panget234 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2009, 11:56 PM
    Short time relationship
    Why would guys date women where they know that they will only be here for a short period? Like foreign workers, students.. I just don't get it. My boyfriend had 2 past relationships that are like that. There was no closure in those relationships.. they broke up because they had to go home and he just had to let go.. It's been bugging the crap out of me. I don't want this to affect us. I just don't understand, like you are just going to both each other when one leaves, you know? Then what's the point of getting together! Or why can't they just be friends? It is the sex? And if your boyfriend still keeps stuff from them.. pictures, gifts and just small little things! Its bothers me. Please help. Thanks
    none12345 Posts: 1,439, Reputation: 234
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2009, 12:01 AM

Well there are many people in the world and sometimes when you find your love that is worth keeping you would want to make things work regardless of the distance and if the love is real things would work out perfectly

Mar 31, 2009, 12:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by none12345 View Post
    well there are many people in the world and sometimes when you find your love that is worth keeping you would want to make things work regardless of the distance and if the love is real things would work out perfectly

Even if you know from the very start that at same point she will have to leave and eve if you have strong feelings for her, it is not possible to be together or stay in a relationship? You know.
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2009, 12:10 AM

Actually it is possible. Just because your not close to each other it doesn't mean you can't have a relationship. You might have plans when the time is right to meet up later and be together. Long distance relationships are possible
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2009, 12:10 AM

So they can have some fun while they are together, everything doesn't have to last forever.

In fact, nothing does. Everything has a beginning and an end.

The keeping stuff, do we all not do that? I know I have stuff my ex's have given me still... just because it didn't work out for one reason or another doesn't mean they need to be reased from your memory.

Mar 31, 2009, 12:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by neverme View Post
    So they can have some fun while they are together, everything doesn't have to last forever.

In fact, nothing does. Everything has a beginning and an end.

The keeping stuff, do we all not do that? I know I have stuff my ex's have given me still....just because it didn't work out for one reason or another doesn't mean they need to be reased from your memory.

I asked my boyfriend to throw something that his ex gave him that's been sitting in his room, Was that being mean? I felt kind of bad at the same time I thought it was the right thing to do.
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2009, 12:14 AM

Yup sometimes people just want to get rid of the ex completely to move and they forget about the good stuff. Just like the movie eternal sunshine of the spotless mind. You ll figure out there are some memories you don't want to get rid of.
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2009, 12:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by panget234 View Post
    I asked my boyfriend to throw something that his ex gave him thats been sitting in his room, Was that being mean? I felt kinda bad at the same time I thought it was the right thing to do.
    no I don't think that was the right thing to do. It might have sentimental values for him or it might mean something for him or remind him of the good memories that he wants to keep. It doesn't mean that he still have feelings for her to keep something from your ex. It is just like you asking him to throw away his past or memories for you. He can still love you with those things around and his heart can still only belong to you.

Mar 31, 2009, 12:18 AM
    actually it is possible. just because your not close to each other it doesnt mean you can't have a relationship. you might have plans when the time is right to meet up later and be together. long distance relationships are possible
    I know.. but if both of them were not planning on having that long distance relationship. Then I don't see the point of it. Kind of waste of time... coz I personally wouldn't do it, you know... He is my first boyfriend, I know I still have a lot to learn about a relationship. I just have never had guts to ask him "why did you do that?"... Most people that know about it sais it was because of the sex!
    heartbroke Posts: 163, Reputation: 24

Mar 31, 2009, 12:19 AM

Some people can't be alone and some people just want to have fun without realizing the effect on the other person
    heartbroke Posts: 163, Reputation: 24

Mar 31, 2009, 12:20 AM
    I asked my boyfriend to throw something that his ex gave him thats been sitting in his room, .
    I would have asked him to put it away in a closet or a box first if it meant that much to him
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2009, 12:21 AM
    I know..but if both of them were not planning on having that long distance relationship. Then I dont see the point of it. Kinda waste of time.....coz I personally wouldn't do it, you know...He is my first boyfriend, I know I still have a lot to learn about a relationship. I just have never had guts to ask him "why did you do that?" .....Most people that know about it sais it was because of the sex!
    No its not always about sex. The thing is how do they know that they won't want to have that long distance relationship unless they try neh? Its just they needed someone to be around with. I wouldn't call what they have love because if it was they would make every effort to keep it even if its long distance. But there are so much more than sex when being with someone. You feel the warmth of someone close to you, it could just be holding hands, kissing or intimacy. It doesn't always means sex.

Mar 31, 2009, 12:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by heartbroke View Post
    i would have asked him to put it away in a closet or a box first if it meant that much to him
    The thing is I have asked him to please put away stuff that are from his past relationship.. I didn't tell him to throw them away.. he said yea but never did. I brought it up again.. he said he'll fix it, 2 weeks late.. nothing again! So it didn't really bother me that it's there.. it did because he couldn't let go of it, you know.. So I finally told him to throw it away.. and felt bad!
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2009, 12:27 AM
    The thing is I have asked him to please put away stuff that are from his past relationship..I didn't tell him to throw them away..he said yea but never did. I brought it up again..he said he'll fix it, 2 weeks late..nothing again! So it didnt really bother me that its there..it did because he couldn't let go of it, you know..So i finally told him to throw it away..and felt bad!
    Well you got to talk to him about his feelings. Maybe he just wants someone to be there for him like you. Does he love you? Or when you move away he ll want to end things? Or would he try to make things work? Are you okay with it if that's the case that he just wants someone to be with even though he might not have feelings for you? And talk to him about his ex to see if he still has feelings for her.

Mar 31, 2009, 12:29 AM
    no its not always about sex. the thing is how do they know that they wont want to have that long distance relationship unless they try neh? its just they needed someone to be around with. i wouldnt call what they have love because if it was they would make every effort to keep it even if its long distance. but there are so much more than sex when being with someone. you feel the warmth of someone close to you, it could just be holding hands, kissing or intimacy. it doesnt always means sex.
    But, would you want to do it again? He had one after the other.. HE said it was hard, then why would you do it again?. and same thing happened. You are left alone.. and she left sad.. thats what I don't really get.
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2009, 12:33 AM
    But, would you want to do it again? he had one after the other.. HE said it was hard, then why would you do it again?...and same thing happened. you are left alone..and she left sad..thats what I dont really get.
    Because you would never know if you might end up with the one you would want to make things work even if they move away. Life is full of possibilities and you got to take those chances because if you don't you might lose out on something good. But how I see it is that he just wants someone to be with and maybe you are just the other "someone" even if he might not really love you. Hmmm you seem young how old are you? O_O

Mar 31, 2009, 12:34 AM
    well you gotta talk to him about his feelings. maybe he just wants someone to be there for him like you. does he love you? or when you move away he ll want to end things? or would he try to make things work? are you okay with it if thats the case that he just wants someone to be with even though he might not have feelings for you? and talk to him about his ex to see if he still has feelings for her.
    Yea, he does love me.. and I can see that he does.. well I am not moving away, or anything. One time I told him that I can only stay here in US for some years like 3 more years.. I asked him what is he going to do? He said by then we'll be together for a long time so he is going to marry me so I can stay here with him..
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2009, 12:36 AM
    yea, he does love me..and I can see that he does..well I am not moving away, or anything. One time I told him that I can only stay here in US for some years like 3 more years..I asked him what is he gonna do? He said by then we'll be together for a long time so he is gonna marry me so I can stay here with him..
    I'm say hypothetically "if" you move, what would he do? Just be with another girl just like the last? To me that isn't love. If you really love someone you would want to be with them no matter what or where they are.

Mar 31, 2009, 12:39 AM
    because you would never know if you might end up with the one you would want to make things work even if they move away. life is full of possibilities and you gotta take those chances because if you dont you might lose out on something good. But how i see it is that he just wants someone to be with and maybe you are just the other "someone" even if he might not really love you. hmmm you seem young how old are you? O_O

I am 21.. well, we are pretty serious about our relationship.. I think what really bothers me is that there was no closure for them, they only had to leave to go back to their country.. I have asked him what if they didn't have to leave, you think you would be with one of them.. he said yes probably.. What if one of the girls came to visit here and wanted to meet up? And since there was no closure, there might still be something there.
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2009, 12:47 AM
    I am 21..well, we are pretty serious about our relationship..I think what really bothers me is that there was no closure for them, they only had to leave to go back to their country..I have asked him what if they didnt have to leave, you think you would be with one of them..he said yes probably..What if one of the girls came to visit here and wanted to meet up? and since there was no closure, there might still be something there.
    Oh nvm than yah since he's your first boyfriend. But to be honest, he's had closure when he decided to not stay together or when he decided to get together with you. When he decided to get together with you, he should be committed to you regardless if they come back or not to meet up with him because he's already with you and it shouldn't matter if they come back or not. Than he hasn't gotten over the girls he left yet. How I see things is that he doesn't love you, he just needs someone to be there for him. I'm not saying he won't fall in love with you but at this point from everything you've told me I don't think what he has for you is love. Im not saying this is how things really are I'm just saying this is how I see it from an outside perspective.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Serious relationship with a short tempered guy [ 4 Answers ]

I've been with my boyfriend for almost 6 months and we were friends for a year before we started going out. We normally have a perfect relationship, we get along really well and we both love each other immensely. Sounds great right? Well the one downside to our relationship is he has a short...

Long distance relationship for a short period of time- what to do? [ 3 Answers ]

Hey, any time I have asked a question I have always gotten some really hopeful and helpful answers- so here goes... My boyfriend will be moving to europe for a great job opportunity in just a few weeks... he really wants my son and I to come and feels he is ready to be a family, taking this job...

Improving in such short time. [ 4 Answers ]

Im in high school. And I have two more years to go but I feel that I have messed up so much. What can I do to improve?. Im not sure 2 years is enough time to focus and achieve to go to college. I just don't feel its enough. What should I do?

The Relationship Between Time Elapsed and Time Passed [ 4 Answers ]

Can someone please help me with this science project? I am only in the 7th Grade, and I really need help.

Lost a good relationship overnight, it was short but sweet and I want it back! [ 2 Answers ]

Ok peoples, this is J Aguila, and this is my first post on here so bear with me. I'm usually good with relationships but I'm at a loss on this one and I really feel something for the girl so I want your help and opinions out there. Here's the story; I met this girl about 2 years ago in the mall I...

View more questions Search