Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    b74ann Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2009, 04:32 PM
    Salary/vacation time
    I'm just wondering if this is legal... I get paid salary, 80 hours every 2 weeks, but required to work 47.25 hours a week, obviously that is more than 80 hours for 2 weeks, and they don't pay me for the extra time I work and just last pay period I worked 62.25 hours and then took 24 hours of my earned vacation, for my wedding, and they only paid me for working 56 hours and 24 vacation hours, so they took away some of the hours that I worked to even it out to 80 hours, it doesn't seem legal to me but I don't really know the laws about this whole salary thing... someone help me understand why they can do this!!
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2009, 04:49 PM

If you are a salaried employee, the hours you work do not matter. Just the hours that you do not work.
    Wildsporty Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Mar 31, 2009, 06:43 AM

Salaried exempt are not paid by the hour so hours do not count. The Salaried employee is paid for the job that he does and not for the hours spent doing the job.

Salaried exempt employees are exempt from the FLSA and from overtime. The employer can ask a salaried employee to work any number of hours and no extra compensation is due.

The Salaried exempt earns his salary , it is the same each payday regardless of the hour. If the salaried employee works part of a day he must be paid for the entire day. He can be docked for a full day off for personal reasons.

Shirley

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vacation time [ 2 Answers ]

I know how my boss can be a major ***, and he has been on my *** for the past few weeks about the littlest things, but, hypothetically, if I put a request for vacation time in (I'm giving two weeks advance notice for this vacation) and he not only denies it, but fires me for requesting it, or if he...

Salary treatment with Sick and Vacation pay [ 2 Answers ]

If you are salaried at 40 hours per week and you have company paid vacation and sick leave how do you calculate your pay for the week if you are absent for 4 hours of one day.

Vacation time [ 1 Answers ]

We are going on vacation for almost three weeks. We have a deep well where we live. Do we need someone to flush our toilet or run water maybe every other day to keep the pump active. Also, should hot water be run to keep our water heater in good running conditon. Thank you. Wasn't sure if these...

Vacation time [ 5 Answers ]

I put my notice at my job and I'm going on vacation during that time of notice. Do I get paid for vacation and the remainder of the days that are left?

View more questions Search