Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1BIGDOG Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2009, 04:16 PM
    Riding mower transmission not working
    My 2003 Craftsman riding mower transmission will not engage. HELP!
    I alreadly purged the transmission without success. Wheels will not turn with free wheel lever engaged or non engaged. What's next?
    mower_man Posts: 81, Reputation: 2

Apr 1, 2009, 04:24 PM

Post the model and serial numbers.

Along with the engine brand and horsepower.

Is it peadal controlled or hand?

Reply soon!!

-mower_man-
    jsfocke Posts: 310, Reputation: 37

Apr 3, 2009, 02:13 PM

Something easy to check first: I would check to make sure the brake isn't hanging. Lots of time when they sit over the winter with the brake on the little steel pistons seize in the aluminum housing and make the brake hang.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftsman 15.5 riding mower fuel shut off solenoid not working [ 5 Answers ]

My craftsman 15.5 riding mower will crank, but not start when I turn on the ignition switch. I have traced all the electrical system, and everything gets 12 volts when it should. The solenoid works, starter turns, new spark plug fires. New battery, new ignition switch. Fuel line is clear and drains...

Honda 3011 riding mower transmission. [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Honda 3011 riding mower that starts but won't go into gear or turn the blade. All belts appear OK and oil is fine. Is the transmission likely ruined?

Riding mower transmission won't engage [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Scott's by John Deere 1742 riding mower. The transmission is not engaging. I have checked the drive belt and it seems to be in OK shape. I noticed a plug loose that appears to attach to a device on top of what I believe to be the gear box. Could this part be bad and causing the mower not...

AYP Riding Mower Transmission [ 1 Answers ]

Hi; I have 42" deck AYP riding mower. Today it started jerking when putting it in gear and not wanting to go forward unless I hold the brake slightly depressed. I took the back plate off and noticed that the drive pulley was real wobbbly. Is this cause by a bad bearing or shim and is it repairable...

View more questions Search