Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    samuelluvsliz Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2009, 03:22 PM
    Baby's soft spot on head
    I was told that a baby's soft spot on their head can fall in and be harmful to them? Has anyone heard of this or knows someone who had this happen to their baby?

Do the doctors believe this can happen?:confused:
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 30, 2009, 03:28 PM
    This happens when the baby is dehydrated.
    MichiganGirl10 Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2009, 05:52 PM

THe soft spot on a babies head should not be touched harshly. It is true that it could possibly cave in. My sister in law just had a baby girl Feb 13th and I also have 2 nephews (3 and 1). It has not happened to them, but when changing the baby be very careful to not let the buttons or snaps on their (not sure how to spell it) pronounced one-c's scratch their head because it is not fully grown into a hard skull such as ours. Just a little advise. Good Luck! And be sure to talk to your doctor about it as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lump on baby's head [ 3 Answers ]

I noticed a lump on back right side of my 7 week old baby's head... has anyone had this experience? ( he did not hit his head but he did have a little cold... slightly congested)

My 8 week old has a lump in her soft spot? [ 6 Answers ]

My eight week old daughter has a small purple bump that comes out of her soft spot. I have brought her to her pediatrician and all he said was that it may just be extra skin and that we will keep a eye on it. I really do not think it is extra skin because you can phycally move the bump? Any ideas.

Lumps on baby's head [ 1 Answers ]

HI, I was just wondering about three lumps I found on my babes head. This morning I found one lump on each side of her head in the same spot and on the left side another one closer the ear.. they are about a cm above her hair line.. I don't know if it is from teething because she is teething and a...

View more questions Search