Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dumbo109 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2009, 02:23 PM
    What is the correct programmable thermostat for my system
    I currently have aWeathertron FORBAYSTAT240A 3AAT82B1B1 thermostat controlling a TRANE Heat Pump and heater. Wiring= R,O,G,Y,B(BLUE) & W What is the best progamable thermostat to automatically switch form heat to cool?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Mar 30, 2009, 02:42 PM

B is a non-standard color. It's probably common. If you have the ability to measure the voltage from R to B, it should be 24V at all times.

(C) or common is sometimes required. It prevents drain on batteries.

In rare cases, both B and O are used. This usually happens with zone controls. B may sometimes be the complement of O.

Your looking for at least a 1 heat/1cool thermostat heat pump with auto-changeover. Take a look at Furnace Filters, Air Conditioner Filters, Air Quality - iaqsource. The Honeywell Vision Pro series will work, but they may be difficult for you to set up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Programmable thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm not able to re program mywhite rodgers thermostat for it to lower the temp. at night At 11 pm and raise it again at 6 am

Programmable thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

I need to set my thermostat to were it well not go under 68 deg right now it will go down to 45 and my children keep putting it down that low so I need to program this thermostat so this don't keep happening it is the (DICO white-rogers) thanks if you can help

Programmable thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I have a robetshaw thermostat and I have only 2 wires a white and green I can get everything working except it won't register to my heater can someone help me? It is a deisel furnace the brand is an american standard.

Noma programmable thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

Recently installed a noma programmable thermostat and same was working fine for three or four days but this morning the furnace kept running. Temp was set @67F but furnace was still running @ 79+F .The only way to stop the furnace was to manually shut it done.Why is it doing this and what must I do...

View more questions Search