Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    prasad_m Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2009, 09:03 AM
    Amd processor and asus motherboard.
    Hi friends,
    I purchased AMD 7750 Black Edition Processor and ASUS M2N68-AM SE2 motherboard with 2gb 800 MHZ RAM.

But while surfing internet I shocked that no one is recommending that motherboard for AMD 7750 BE processor. I told to shopkeeper regarding this. He is ready to change the board. But I have to do this within 2 days. So its very urgent.

I am novice guy in hardware. So I didn't find any problems right now in this processor and motherboard combination.

Friends can you suggest me is this board only is enough or should I change the board. Please help.
    jmw0713 Posts: 1,012, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2009, 09:15 AM

What is your friend using this PC for internet, school, work or gaming?

If he is just using this for internet/school/work I would suggest this board: GIGABYTE GA-MA74GM-S2

For gaming, you really need a separate video card to run any decent games.

A far a motherboard manufacturers, I would stick with Gigabyte (budget to high end), Biostar (mid to high end), Foxconn (budget to high end), Asus (higher end), and ASRock. ECS and MSI are pretty good to. I've never had issues with any of these manufactures and have used their products a lot. Asus used to be the gold standard, but they are kind of losing their edge.

Gigabyte is hands down my favorite manufacturer.
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Mar 30, 2009, 09:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by prasad_m View Post
    Friends can you suggest me is this board only is enough or should i change the board.
    Difficult to do since you didn't state what features you are looking for in a board. I usually use AMD's System Building Documentation and their recommended motherboards list when building AMD based systems preferring hardware that has gone through a somewhat formal testing process. The list is usually short.
    prasad_m Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2009, 10:55 AM
    Hi Scleros

The link you had given is very helpful. Thank You.
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Mar 30, 2009, 01:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by prasad_m View Post
    Hi Scleros ...Thank You.
    You're welcome.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Installing Mac OS in Asus MotherBoard [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm currently working on installing the Mac OS in Asus Motherboard, but I find difficult in installing that.. Assist me if anyone knows.. Thanks Indiana

How do I disable onboard audio on ASUS P4Pe motherboard? [ 3 Answers ]

I want to replace the onboard audio with a SoundBlaster card, but first need to disable the onboard audio. I could find no provision for that in the bios, so don't know how to go about disabling the onboard sound. Sure hope someone can steer me in the right direction!

Processor compatibility with motherboard [ 8 Answers ]

I have a Gigabyte GA-8SIML motherboard and I am unsure of what processors I would be able to use, as the current intel celeron 2.5GHz isn't enough, I would like to know if duo core processors would be compatible, at the moment I am thinking of upgrading to just a intel duo 1.8GHz or a celeron...

Asus p4s800d-x motherboard on 4gb ram and high cpu usage [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to ask can the p4s800d-x run on 4gb of ram perfectly fine? the max number of rams for this motherboard is 4gb of ram I'm currently running on 1gb (2 sticks of 512mb ram) another question I want to know is why is my computer's cpu usage getting pretty high around 60-100% most of...

Asus K8V SE deluxe motherboard [ 4 Answers ]

Can anyone help me please? I have recently installed a new Asus K8V SE deluxemotherboard and AMD Athlon 64 CPU but can't get any image on the monitor - I have tried 3 monitors now. The graphics card is Tornado GeForce 2 MX400 (64MB, AGP). I have 512MB memory installed. I am wondering if the...

View more questions Search