Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brend55 Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2009, 07:05 AM
    No picture on Monitor
    I have an HP computer with a 19 inch monitor. Yesterday I was on it and all worked fine but this morning I turned it on the tower came on but when I turned the monitor on, the light was green and in less than 30 seconds I heard a click and the light turns yellow. The monitor never lit up, it was like it went to sleep before it came on. Checked connections and tried turning it on and off several times. Monitor gone bad or what? Thanks.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2009, 10:34 AM

If you have access to another monitor, hook that up
    -If another monitor works, it is your monitor seen it's last day unless you take it in to get repaired

If this is the case, it would probably be price comparable to purchase a new monitor

Sounds like a bad capacitor in monitor

But try another monitor to confirm

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Monitor colors faded (Monitor color problem) [ 5 Answers ]

I have an envision flat screen monitor and the issue is I had a worm on my computer so I had to reboot it.When the startup came up the colors were faded in a blueish light hue . I updated the drives but still nothing worked. I don't know if it's the monitor or vga cable or just the video card in...

Green power light blinks on monitor, and no picture [ 1 Answers ]

I cannot get a picture on my screen, and I cannot get the green light on my monitor to stop blinking, or go into resting mode. All the cords work great, because we hooked them up to my mom's montior and that worked.

Monitor is flashing cannot make out the picture [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Compaq DeskPro EN with a Ultra VGA 1280 monitor. My son was playing on it and now the monitor is not working. It displays the start up screen fine but when Windows actually loads, I cannot make out the desktop or see the mouse pointer. The screen is flasing and has wavy patterns going...

I don't want a dual monitor, but I don't want to use my laptop monitor. [ 1 Answers ]

How do I connect my desktop computer monitor onto my desktop replacement laptop and have it be the default monitor? I am currently using these two as a dual monitor, and have no use for the laptop screen. I want to just close it up, leave it on the side, and pretend I'm just using a desktop...

View more questions Search