Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brijac42 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2006, 01:52 PM
    1986 mtd,18hp,46 in deck
    I have had this in because there are times it will stop pulling. If I shift upwards to a higher gear ,it will start to pull but then quits. It does not happen all the time but it seems that the local repair people can not find the reason for this? The belts are new and the deck has been completely rebuilt, as well as the engine.
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2006, 09:36 AM
    Does it have one of those vari-drive style pulley systems?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1986 boxed set of baseball cards [ 3 Answers ]

I have a boxed set of 1986 baseball cards where do I go to find the value of them ? :o

Briggs 18hp won't fire [ 7 Answers ]

Have an 18hp Briggs Twin that quit and would not start. After detecting a weak spark, replaced plugs and coil. Ran great for two weeks, now week spark again on new coil. Only get strong spark when one coil wire is grounded. Then the other gives strong spark. Could the starter be turning too...

AYP 18HP turns over slow [ 5 Answers ]

I was given a mower that sat for 5 years. Put a new battery in, cleaned the spark plug but it seems to spin really slow and certainly not fast enough to start. Where do I start checking? I tried jumping it with my car after the battery got weak but got the same result... like the engine is bad. ...

IRA's Prior to 1986 [ 1 Answers ]

I purchased some IRA's prior to 1986 as well as others after that period. I am trying to find out how the prior 1986 IRA's are treated when it comes time to do the Required Minimum Distribution. Thank you

View more questions Search