Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    catting Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2006, 09:42 AM
    Sperm
    What is the definition of artificial insemination and are they any links that can provide you with the procedure.

Thank you
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 6, 2006, 11:33 AM
    Mosby's Dictionary of Medicine, Nursing & Health Professionals defines Artificial insemination as the following:

The introduction of semen into the vagina or uterus by mechanical or instrumental means rather than by sexual intercourse. The procedure is planned to coincide with the expected time of ovulation so that fertilization can occur.

Please see this website for the procedure outline.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Abnormal sperm [ 4 Answers ]

If I have 90% of abnormal sprem, what does it mean? Especially concerning fertility? Will these sperms possibly inseminate an egg, and if so, what result on the baby would there be?

Sperm wash [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I'm HIV positive married man. We planning to have child, and try to do sperm wash in Italy, or any other European country. Is any information available, where and how to apply for this? Much, much thanks for any info. Peter

Bloody Sperm? [ 2 Answers ]

Can blood mix with sperm? Or is it normal for sperm to change to a light red color suddenly? About Two weeks ago I poked a tiny hole in my nut with a nail after jumping on my bed and four days ago I notice pink colored sperm while ejaculating. Does masturbating everyday cause pink colored sperm,...

Sperm tails and sperm heads [ 1 Answers ]

Why is that sperm tails are lost before the heads? Also do heads last longer than other significant proteins like p30?

Sperm [ 1 Answers ]

Hi What are materials of sperm ? What foods make more sperm ? Please answer me Tnx Bye

View more questions Search