Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    4axle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2009, 12:46 PM
    how does home schooling work
    my son is in 11th grade.he is butting heads with teachers.. he is bored with school .he wants to graduate but the teachers don't seem to care.they keep jamming college down his throat.he doesn't want to go to college.alls the teachers care about is their paycheck.. my son learns at a different pace than everyone else.for example,he needs to learn the formula to a math equation before he can understand it, if he doesn't GET it he gives up.the teacher moves too fast because they have to teach X amount by the end of the year.ive talked to guidance councelors and they just stick with the teacher because they are all friends and the child is always wrong.my son now wants to drop out because it isn't fun and he's not learning anything.I asked to have him dropped down to a level that will teach him what he needs to pass and they won't.what are my rights as a parent to have them do this?where do I find info on a parents right.help please
    De Maria Posts: 1,359, Reputation: 52
    Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2009, 12:49 PM

In Texas, Compulsory attendance - Between 6 and 17 years of age.

1. Legislature given authority over public free school system only
    2. Texas Education Code specifically designed for and applicable o state tax funded educational institutions only
    3. No minimum number of days taught per year.
    4. No testing requirements.
    5. No formal filing required, though recommended you tell the school's office you are withdrawing your child.
    Texas Homeschooling Laws - A to Z Home's Cool

Where are you from?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2009, 06:02 PM

You can always get in touch with a cyber school and get all the information.
    Type your county and state and cyber school in the search engine

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does online schooling really work? [ 6 Answers ]

I am a single mom of 9 month old twins and work full time so basically I have no time for school. I am only 22 and would love to go back to school, I could really do online schooling but I am not sure if I trust it. I mean will I actually be able to get a job afterwards without any problems? I...

Home schooling bad? [ 8 Answers ]

Is home schooling a bad thing?

Home Schooling At 14 In The UK [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 14 and I really hate school, I think its just the atmosphere I can't cope with. I've been looking over the internet and been reading about homeschooling. My mum and dad know I hate school and I kind of keep saying about homeschooling but they don't seem to take me seriously. I have two...

Home schooling in the UK [ 2 Answers ]

Hi :o Does anyone have any information about home schooling in the UK. Does a parent need to be qualified to teach

Home Schooling [ 2 Answers ]

Can you create you, your own Home Study program ?

View more questions Search