Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kaycrawf Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2009, 09:15 AM
    My 1 year old MALE daschund is peeing EVERYWHERE!
    We just rescued him (unagi) from a shelter yesterday and he has peed in every possible place. We live in an apartment so we can't install a doggy door and when we do take him outside he pees and poops but he will also come inside to do the same thing. I don't know what to do?
    Megan2345 Posts: 239, Reputation: 8

Apr 7, 2009, 04:12 AM
    Is he nuetered? If he's not fixed I think that he could be marking. It could be stress from the move. It could be that he wasn't trained well. I do bell potty training. Hang a bell on/near the door you will be taking him out. I put mine only a few inches off the ground so he can reach it with his nose. Bring him to the door, ring the bell yourself, then immediately let him outside. This shows him that bell equals outside. Keep doing this, encourage him to ring his bell, etc. The only problem that I have had is that they will sometimes ring the bell if they want to just go play outside. Also, when potty training it is important not to give a treat reward every time. I don't use treats at all. Lots of praise will work just fine. Then you don't get the problem of them wanting to go outside to fake pee for treats. I also recommend that you stay away from rawhide chew bones. They are very salty and will make your pup drink more and therefore pee more. If he keeps it up I'd call a vet or the shelter to try to see if it may be a health problem. Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Year old min. Daschund peeing in crate [ 1 Answers ]

I have a year old miniature daschund who recently (within the last two weeks) began peeing in her crate during the day. We are gone from 730 until 4:30. It seems to be becoming a habit. I am wondering if she will grow out of it or if there is something I can do to re-teach her not to go in her...

The Peeing Daschund [ 10 Answers ]

My husband and I recently adopted a mini Daschund from his co-worker. We absolutely love the dog except for one thing... He will NOT stop peeing in the house! We have an apartment and cannot ruin our carpet. He pees when he gets excited, he pees when he gets scared, he pees when we punish him, he...

Daschund Peeing [ 1 Answers ]

My dog is mad at me and I take him outside to pee and he does, then he comes in and pees right by me on purpose. What should I do?:confused:

Male dog peeing [ 7 Answers ]

I have a total of FOUR Cavalier King Charles Spaniels (1 - Fixed female, age 13, 1 , age 2, and two 11 month old puppies, one male and one female) I'm having a devil of a time with the MALE puppy... no matter what I do, he continually marks their sleeping blankets. What can I do? He is healthy...

My daschund is peeing on my bed [ 1 Answers ]

I know you've had this question before but I never saw the answer why. My 2 yr old mini pees on my bed every so often and I'm besides myself on how to break her of it. We live in Alaska and the summer is easy for her and she'll go outside but in winter I put paper down for her and she knows to go...

View more questions Search