Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jpowl15 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2009, 08:02 AM
    What is the average power out put of the engine of truck?
    What is the average power output of the engine of a truck when the truck travels up a 6km hill out of an open pit mine? The truck with the load, has a mass of 160,000kg, and starts from rest at the bottom of the hill. When the truck reaches the top of the hill it has a velocity of 15km/hr. The hill is 500m high and the truck took 42 seconds to reach the top of the hill. The average drag force on the truck during the time it is moving is 200N.
    cdedmundson Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2009, 10:45 AM

Define drag force for me? I haven't heard that term used so I don't quite know how to apply it to the problem
    jpowl15 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2009, 10:54 AM

By output of the engine I mean likeaverage power... either in watts or horsepower

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

2003 F250 Ford Diesel Truck 6.0 engine [ 2 Answers ]

My diesel truck is giving me fits. When I start it up there is no problem, but after it runs for awhile, it starts to vibrate (you can feel it in the steering wheel) it acts like it is going to die, runs badly like water in the gas, then you get a fuel smell in the cab. If you give it a little more...

The average power output of the engine of a truck? [ 2 Answers ]

What is the average power output of the engine of a truck when the truck travels up a 6km long hill out of an open pit mine? The truck with the load, has a mass of 160,000kg, and starts from rest at the botttom of the hill. When the truck took 42 seconds to reach the top of the hill. The average...

Interchanging engine in 1954 ford dump truck [ 1 Answers ]

We have a 1954 Ford F100 that has what is believed to be a 256.We have a new 360 will it fit?

Briggs Engine Has little power [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 16HP Briggs engine on a Roper Lawn Tractor, It will run OK when just traveling, but if I engage the deck, it dies. What is the best next coarse of action.

View more questions Search