Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    greentree58 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2009, 07:56 AM
    Gold fish seems water logged
    Hello, My problem is with my goldfish. This goldfish is in an outside tank and almost 2 weeks ago I changed 2/3 of the water, got sidetracked and forgot to turn the filter and pump back on until the next morning. I have 5 big goldfish and 2 algae eaters in this tank. The only fish affected by this is my white goldfish. He was swimming upside down. I tried lightly pressing on his side thinking he might have air inside. Anyway, it took about 3 days for him to get back to himself. This morning he acts like he is water logged, heavy and he is blowing bubbles. Can someone please give me some idea as to what I might do to help him? These goldfish are about 6 yrs. Old I think. Also, my tank is a 50 or 60 gallon tank. Oh, another thing, he goes to the top like he is trying to get air, then he just goes back to the bottom. Thanks...
    turtlegirl16 Posts: 177, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2009, 03:52 PM

Oooookkkeeeeeyyyyy... There is something seriously wrong with it if its swimming upside down anyway, That's weird... It might be mentally retarded now, was it out of the water at all during any part of that time??
    Xyzpdq0121 Posts: 85, Reputation: 6

Apr 11, 2009, 11:40 PM

Epsom salts is the cure... he has a swim bladder problem most likely.. You need to remove him into a separate container and administer Epsom salts (about 1/4C per gal) for about an hour or so.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Red Spots on gold fish? [ 2 Answers ]

I currently own a 5 gallon tank with 2 goldfish and a pleco. The tank was just treated for high ammonia and the fish were put back in today. One of my goldfish, a comet, has a cluster of red spots near his tail fin. I did some research but I came up with a lot of possibilities. They were Red Pest,...

My fish are gulping at the top of the water [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, if anyone can help please do! I bought 2 goldfish today and I have a 95 litre tank with all the right chemicals in. The fish are gulping at the top of the water surface. The filter has a long tube running along the back of the tank producing loads of oxygen bubbles and I also have real plants....

Beta Fish Water [ 3 Answers ]

I have a couple beta fish, one in each bowl and after I clean their bowls, I rinse the rocks and the bowl with just plain water and than put the fish in but ontop of the clean water a few days later a thin layer of this clear 'film' starts covering the top layer of water... what is that clear film...

Do fish drink water? [ 2 Answers ]

My almost 5 year old daughter wants to know what happens to the water in her golfish bowl. She says the fish drinks it. I am not so sure.

Gold Fish Cloudy Tank [ 2 Answers ]

We have 3 fairly large gold fish species, what size tank is adequate? One is showing signs of listing and black spots? They only get feed once a day and filter is changed often. Help grand kids coming soon. Thanks

View more questions Search