Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    navinxx Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2009, 07:34 AM
    Electricity needs for one house
    Sir,
    We are land devlopers & counstructors in india pune,( shakuntala devolopers pvt ltd.)
    We are going to launch a mega project of 100 farm house bunglow on a mountan called mtnippotct.
    We are looking to produce electricity for each bunglow sepratly,
    Please sugest us a wind turbine to produce sufficient electricity for a 1500 sq ft bunglow .
    Regards.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Mar 29, 2009, 08:07 AM
    First, the average load in watts needs to be determined for each home, to determine the KW size of turbine needed. Just knowing the home is 1500 sq ft is irrelevant. The load will be affected whether there is all electric appliances or are some gas or some other energy source. Being wind powered, I would assume all electric. But what size and quantity are these appliances?

Once the size load of a home is determined, then sizing the turbine is fairly straightforward.

There are many websites that help size turbines, usually for existing buildings, do a web search for "Sizing Wind Turbine".

I assume you will have proper engineering support for this project. An electrical engineer or an electrician can help with sizing the load of a home, and turbine manufacturers can help size the turbine, and design the electrical system and electric storage and inverter system.
    ohb0b Posts: 215, Reputation: 14

Apr 13, 2009, 02:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by navinxx View Post
    sir,
    we are land devlopers & counstructors in india pune,( shakuntala devolopers pvt ltd.)
    we are going to launch a mega project of 100 farm house bunglow on a mountan called mtnippotct.
    we are looking to produce electricity for each bunglow sepratly,
    please sugest us a wind turbine to produce sufficiant electricity for a 1500 sq ft bunglow .
    Regards.

I don't think there are any manufacturers representatives on this board. But I will try to help you.

In the US, the NEC (National Electrical Code) has instructions for estimating the demand for homes. Since not every electrical device is continuously operated, they have demand factor equations. (for example, a person does not operate both the heat plant and the air conditioner at the same time, and you would turn off lights in rooms you are not using.)These estimates are based on what an American family would use, which may not be the same in India.
    The electric utility must also be able to supply peak demand, there are certain seasons and times of day that demand is greater or less.
    Please consult an electrical engineer in your country, and have him calculate the power consumption. Then you will have a better idea what you require.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much electricity does a house need? [ 11 Answers ]

How much electricity does it take to power a house with all of the modern conveniences? I am building a rural home and would like to consider alternative power sources. To have AC, heat, a refrigerator, TV, and all of the things we use on a daily basis. What sort of ampage /voltage/wattage does a...

Lighting without electricity [ 5 Answers ]

My problem is with my living room the furnture has to sit in the middle of the room no options but there's no plug ins for lamps in the floors, is there a wireless way that I can have table lamps without running cords across the floor under a rug. Any suggesting? :confused:

Electricity and Lighting [ 8 Answers ]

CEILING ROSE Have tested my ceiling rose. Why do I have two black live wires and which one therefore goes to the switch?

Electricity Consumption [ 8 Answers ]

Hi everybody, I was on holidays and surprised to see our electricity bill. My wife told me that mostly our bills are double to the bills of our neighbours and relatives. We are getting bills of double the amount of many of our neighbours and relatives who are using the same number of lights and...

Problems with electricity... [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have an electricity problem at home. Actually we are shifted to a totally new area and in our block, only we are connected to the transformer. There are no other houses in our block and the area is empty. But even we are the only users of the electricity, we experience power shortage. When...

View more questions Search