Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maryg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2006, 07:39 AM
    Florida Landlord Building Code Responsibilities
    My daughter recently signed a lease for her first apartment. The lease states that the apartment will be accepted "as is".
    However, I feel there is a building code problem. The apartment is on the second floor, and there is a small deck/balcony - wood constructed. The deck suffers from major wood rot - such that the railings are very wobbly - and the corners of the railing are not even connected together due to the rot.

Definitely NOT SAFE. Is she stuck with this situation due to the 'as is' statement? Or is this a basic building violation that the landlord must address?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 6, 2006, 08:01 AM
    Talk to the Building dept or inspector that covers the area. Of course the landlord may just remove the balcony rather than repairing it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Florida eviction [ 4 Answers ]

In the state of Florida once a tenant is served with an eviction notice how long does he have to vacate property?

Adult children sharing home w/mom but not responsibilities [ 6 Answers ]

But not sharing the housekeeping responsibilities~!~? (to say “taking advantage of” is an understatement) I moved back home about 2 years ago. My older sister (43 to my 42), about 2 years earlier. She occupies two rooms to my one. We both work full-time as does my mother. My hope (when I...

Warranty Deed-Florida [ 0 Answers ]

The warranty deed names an individual as the grantee in trust for another individual. What does this mean?

Help no cold air from a/c unit in Florida [ 2 Answers ]

I have a rheem a/c unit with heat pump inside and secondary unit outside and is only 5 years ols. When I woke up late this morning I noticed that the thermostat said it was 82 degrees upstairs and I always keep it at 79 so I knew something was wrong. I turned the thermostat off, reset the breakers,...

Ethical and Legal responsibilities: financial [ 0 Answers ]

Hey I have been given this question to answer can anyone help me Explain the ethical and legal responsibilities that a company should comply with in the preparation of financial reports. Why is it important that a company comply with theses responsibilities?

View more questions Search