Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BRycraft Posts: 111, Reputation: 2

Mar 29, 2009, 06:29 AM
    Lyrica and headaches
    I am taking lyrica for chronic back pain and Fibromyalgia, actually trying it after years of narcotics avoiding spinal fusion, which might not by avoided much longer. I started on 75mg, increased to 150 to 225. I immediately started having headaches, migraines actually, had the dosage decreased back down to 150 and then 100.
    I still wake every morning with a headache over my left eye and left temple where I get my migraines, although this never manifests into an actual migraine anymore. Does anyone else get headaches from lyrica? If you go to Lyrica's website they don't mention headaches as a side effect but this website listed below on page 3 has an entire list of side effects of this drug that is reported in clinical trials on this drug based on the reason you are taking this drug and the dosage, its quite disturbing that lyricas website omits this information. Under Fibromyalgia use headaches is listed as a side effect, but not if you are taking it for say seizures, interesting..
    Lyrica (Pregabalin) Drug Information: Uses, Side Effects, Drug Interactions and Warnings at RxList

Go to page 3 for drug reactions, you won't see this on lyricas home page...
    Holistic Doctor Posts: 64, Reputation: 8

Apr 3, 2009, 08:44 PM

Yes. Pfizer's Lyrica (pregabalin) is taken by many patients I know and many say they get headaches with its use.

The headaches do not diminish over time. That is, there is no acclimatization to the drug.
    BRycraft Posts: 111, Reputation: 2

Apr 4, 2009, 06:32 AM

Thanks, think I have no choice but to stop taking this medication as I have had headaches every day since Feb.. Appreciate the feedback.
    Bill

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Methadone and Lyrica [ 2 Answers ]

Hi this is my first post. I take Lyrica for fibromyalgia and also Methadone for the chronic pain. I take the methadone 3 times a day and they are 5mg each. My question is my anniversary is coming up and my hubby takes me out for a very nice dinner and orders us a bottle of wine. I am a very nervous...

Lyrica and weight gain [ 1 Answers ]

My husband takes 600mg of lyrica a day and has been recently gaining weight. He says he is hungry all the time and eats every meal like it is his last meal! Has anyone experienced this before?

Lyrica [ 1 Answers ]

Hi - Can I take less than 75mg of Lyrica for shingles? I have too many side effects taking more than 75 mgs. Thanks.

Lyrica [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone know anything about the side-effects of taking Lyrica? pashti

View more questions Search