Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    almaro Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2009, 02:53 AM
    Jack russel with crooked front legs
    Hello everybody,

Our nice and vigorous jack russel is already 5 months old. A month and a half ago we noticed that his front legs started to turn sideways. We are worried for his future because he is very active and likes to run and jump all the time. We have already an appointment with his vet but I would like to ask if anybody has any experience with such a case. I would like to ask what happened with your dog when the time passed to know what to expect lets say in 2 years from now.

Emakala: I saw your post and think that you would be the right person to ask since you asked the same than me in 2005. Could you tell me what happened with your dog? Was the problem solved? Did his legs get worse or not? How is his life now? Hope everything OK!

Thank you all for your help..
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 29, 2009, 06:21 AM

Hi almaro, since reading your post yesterday, I have done some readong on JKTs and found that some are quite short of body with the crooked front legs and some are longer bodied with straight front legs. They are a mixture over the years of a lot of small boned working dogs and the crooked front leg is an inherent design.

JKTs are quite popular in our town and I have noticed some with this genetic crooked leg so it doesn't appear to be a problem, as the body is in proportion to the crooked front legs.

See what your vet says and when he examines your little fellow make sure he measures the front legs to see if there is nothing there which will deter his progress when he gets older.

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Jack russel terrier [ 17 Answers ]

I have just gotten a jack russel terrier. He's a 3 yr old dog.and playful.however I can't seem to find the info I am looking for.for starters,does he prefer me because I am a female,he doesn't really want to go to anyone else.I mean he will if you call his name,but as soon as I sit down he jumps up...

Jack Russel Terrier [ 1 Answers ]

Does anybody know where i can adopt a jack russel terrier puppy 8-11 weeks old in cali?

Is it possible to have a Pit Bull / Jack Russel mix? [ 13 Answers ]

This is my dog Nicky. Is it possible for him to be a Pit/Jack Russel mix?

Dach Russell with crooked front legs [ 1 Answers ]

Our 2 year old Dacshound and Jack Russell cross is doing well, healthy, energetic, and fun. What has us concerned is that his front legs are so bowlegged and turned out to such a degree that his feet turn completely sideways... in ballet it would be first position. He doesn't seem to have a problem...

Jack Russel Terrier [ 1 Answers ]

Does anybody know where i can adopt a jack russel terrier puppy 8-11 weeks old in cali?

View more questions Search