Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    claybrook2005 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2009, 08:17 PM
    Can you get pregnant with one tube
    I had surgery last year. Can anyone tell me if I can still get pregnant with one tube and what are my chances of it. And how does the ovulating work with one tube.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 28, 2009, 08:24 PM

My sister did. Fertile women release one or more eggs every month from either ovary. Ovulation does not follow a regular pattern between ovaries each cycle and which ovary releases the egg is fairly arbitrary. Once released, the egg is capable of being fertilized for 12 to 24 hours before it begins to disintegrate.
    claybrook2005 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2009, 08:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    My sister did. Fertile women release one or more eggs every month from either ovary.
    Thanks I hope we can its been 5 yrs and I don't know. I am hoping
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2009, 11:51 PM

The old wives' rule of thumb was that with one tube, you can only get pregnant every other month. However, research shows that your body naturally compensates for the other tube and your chances of pregnancy, although decreased, isn't as badly affected as 50%, but anywhere from 10% - 30%

I may suggest that you go see a ob-gyn and ask for a more accurate answer, one that pertains to your particular medical history.

Best of luck
    spiritcharms Posts: 230, Reputation: 30

May 19, 2009, 04:10 AM

HI yes, you can get pregnant with only one tube, aslong as your other Fallopian tube is healthly, it leaves a 50/50 chance and I'm living proof of it! I had my left tube out as it almost ruptured due to an ectopic pregnancy. They told me that my chances of becoming pregnant was reduced to 50/50 and alsong as my right tube was healthly,then there was no reason why I couldn't still get pregnant.

I'd only been trying for 6 months and I now have a 17 month old son :)

Just because you've been trying for 5 years doesn't mean that it won't still happen, all depends on your circumstances and stress and worrying about it can all play a big part. Just try and relax.
    hoping4best130 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

May 21, 2009, 10:50 PM

I am in the same boat as you . Recent HSG shows that my lef tube is blocked. My husband semen analysis is also on border line.
    Doctors have asked us to go for IVF, but I wish to take a couple of rounds of IUI before going straight to IVF. Have been TCC for 2 years now.
    Remember me in your prayers as I will definitely pray for you
    Nestorian Posts: 978, Reputation: 152

May 21, 2009, 11:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by claybrook2005 View Post
    I had surgery last year. Can anyone tell me if I can still get pregnant with one tube and what are my chances of it. And how does the ovulating work with one tube.
    As long as the tube is still functioning right, and connected to the ovary and everything there is functioning as it should. The release of eggs from the ovary to the tube can be affected by many things; estrogen/various other hormonal levels, stress, diet, health, body type, and lots more.

I suggest excercising, but don't over do it, just go for a good sweat and stretch, Yoga is supposed to be good for fertility, something to do with being relaxed I think, I'm not 100% on that as I only saw it in a magazine in passing.

Nonetheless, no matter what we here say I srongly suggest you see a doctor, Gynocologist to get more details and better understanding of how your body is working, since you've had surgery.

Good luck, and may peace and kindness be with you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

You Tube [ 3 Answers ]

Just a question... Is it posible to put songs on a blank CD from Youtube? If yes please tell me how.:D

Knob & Tube [ 1 Answers ]

I am currently remodeling my bathroom. Home built in the 50's with existing knob and tube. Bathroom has power coming into 1 switch that controls lighted medicine cabinet with outlet inside cabinet. Want to add 1 new light fixture, 1 GFI, and 1 ceiling fan (no light). Is there any diagram that...

Replacing dip tube [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everybody. I just moved into a new house, it has a 90 (!) gallon gas-fired hot water tank. Despite this, my showers start to run cold pretty quickly. I opened the tank's drain faucet -- no rust or lime coloring in the water at all. Same with the pressure relief valve. So, I am thinking it...

You Tube Down loads [ 2 Answers ]

Can videos from You Tube be down loaded and transferred onto DVDs ?

View more questions Search