Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Luxy Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2009, 08:03 PM
    Made contact?
    Before I ask the question I will let you know about the situation and about myself.

My grandfather whom I grew up and thought more of a father died Jan this year. Also I am the type of person who has a lot of dejavu's and I can feel things happen before they do happen, whether it is a phone call, meeting a person, usually just before it happens. I also dream a lot of vivid dreams that I guess you can call premonitions, like the 9/11 attack and the first attack on Iraq after 9/11, or just simple little things in my life. Even heard the odd voice inside my head...

Now the question. I have always felt things like someone watching me, black objects moving out the corner of my eye... but this was different. A couple days after my grandfather passed, I was sitting at the computer thinking about him, grieving for him. I would see out the corner of my eye a white flash... everyone was asleep and only light on was my computer... Then right behind me I heard a low voice mumble something... I so wish I thought about having a tape recorder on... I was the only one awake and there is only one male in my house, and this voice was not that male's. Then after that I saw two brown objects roll next to me... I tried to find them but couldn't. However, I thought with an experience like that I would be terrified but I was not, I felt calm and at peace.. Then I just started to cry. Also when the family met together that same day I saw that phenomena, I could see in my mind my grandfather standing with us, agree to all we were saying, he even gave off abit of a grumpy vibe to my aunty with the way she was sitting in his favourite chair...

Then just a couple of days ago, I was standing doing the dishes, all alone in the house, no power on just me and my thoughts. I starting thinking about grandad... Then I felt this coldness then a cold but firm touch on my cheek. I was not afraid I knew inside that it was grandad and again I felt calm and reassured... I started to cry, but happy tears. Then also in that same day, I was sitting at my computer, with nothing on just the computer studying when I hear this cat meow (I do not own any cats) It was like it was next to me, so real that I went around the whole house inside and out going "here puss puss"

My grandfather had a cat, who was like his helper. My grandfather had bone cancer and I was told that every night when my grandfather would go to the toilet he would go and show him the way, be nasty to everyone else.

So in all am I right in thinking that this is my grandfather? Would it cause me harm to reach out and make contact?

Thanks all who read my long post :D
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Mar 28, 2009, 08:33 PM
    Very often spirits will stay near their loved ones for a time to make sure everybody is okay. Problems can happen when they choose not to move on, in which case, you may need assistance from a psychic to expedite this for your grandfater (whom I believe this to be).

There is nothing uncommon about déjà vu, and in my research, I've found that what generally is concluded is that it is a sign that you are on the right, chosen path, and are where you need to be, in sync. I think it is something quite different when you are able to predict future events with such accuracy.

The shadows, balls, the cat meow, are all connected likely to your grandfather, especially if these events are happening in a cluster in a short period.

Spirits too are often felt with that cold change in the air, or a scent, or a gentle touch. There could be more than one spirit connected to what you are experiencing because you are so tuned into the signs from you grandfather.

As long as it is gently reasurring, and not frightening or mean in nature, I would enjoy the contact.

I personally believe that his 'living dimension' is only one part of our existence. To be able to tap into it, is a talent that many choose not to develop.

I would reassure your grandfather that everyone loves him, and misses him, but he need not hang around. It's okay for him to move on. Maybe this is what he is waiting to hear.

Mar 28, 2009, 08:46 PM
    Thanks Jake for the answer.

I have to say maybe I am selfish, but I do enjoy my grandfather being around, but at the same time I not want him to stay around because of me. I want him to move on to what ever is next. I will follow with what you have said and the next time I am alone and no distractions I will do that and let him know he is free to move on.

I have to say, I was abit startled by what you said about more than one spirits could be connected. Not afraid as I never felt negative vibes from any of my experiences.
    Emotional Health Expert

Mar 28, 2009, 08:59 PM
    I think it is really the most unselfish thing you can do, to let him know that he has the option to move on.

When you saw the shadows, there were more than one, and there were two balls, and the voice you heard was not male. Your grandfather also had a cat.

Has your grandmother also passed over?

Mar 28, 2009, 09:08 PM
    No she hasn't... but she is different to how she was before my granfather died... She is still grieving and depressed, not that she tries and not let it show. She says that she wants to live on like her mother did, but deep down something is telling me that is not the truth.

My grandfather is on my mothers side.. both my grandparents on my fathers side have passed and I do think a lot about my grandmother who killed herself 31 years ago when I was just 1. It is like I was cheated from knowing her and that I should have known her... She is always on my mind.

The voice I heard was male, but the tone was not of the one of the living male.

I never actually saw any shadows, just a bright white flash of light almost like a camera flash... and then when my family were all together I saw in my mind not with my eyes my grandfathers form, when he was in the prime of his life and standing in his usual pose of hands behind his back rocking on his feet.
    Emotional Health Expert

Mar 28, 2009, 09:23 PM
    You are so fortunate to have those experiences. It can be something that is never fully understood I don't think.

I tend to have experiences that have unresolved issues. The last one was about a window in a little town not far from me. I was visiting a friend who lived in the building, and it was the first time I'd been there. The window really caught my eye.

Inside the building in her apartment, in her livingroom which faced the street below, I really started to feel something, and had a glimpse of something near the window, and it was open, with a curtain moving in a breeze sort of way. I could feel this terrible sense of dread.

I eventually contacted a friend of mine who is far more tuned in than I am who 'saw' a little girl fall from the window. She even described the dress she was wearing.

Then I asked my friend to check with her family, who had lived in the area for generations, to see if anything had happened in that particular place.

Turns out there was a little girl killed on the street. That was the only detail they came up with, so it doesn't confirm that she fell from a window, or hit by a car below, but either way, she was dead on the street.

I thought it may be a lingering ghost. But those are more the experiences I have, and they leave me so frustrated because I can't connect too many dots, and feel that I owe somebody an answer, but don't know who, or why.

The only thing that makes me feel better is knowing that someday I will have the answers, and not likely in this lifetime. Perhaps it will be the same for you.

Mar 28, 2009, 09:59 PM

That was a interesting story. And I agree with your final comment. 'The only thing that makes me feel better is knowing that someday I will have the answers, and not likely in this lifetime.'

I am happy that experiences like this happen to me... I do not go a day without saying Thank you for them. I have to say, I have never felt so much at content since my grandfather has passed. And that he is all right where he is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rare 80's children's Movie (or made for TV movie) made with puppets [ 12 Answers ]

I'm trying to find a movie (or TV movie) that I enjoyed as a child. It aired sometime during the early 80's. I remember it taking place in a cave with some green creatures (goblins?). The king was making a wish and they started in a song and dance about how the king would be making this wish...

Collection agency still calling after payment agreement made & pymts being made [ 4 Answers ]

I have an outstanding bill with Hydro one in Ontario of 800.00 owing since 2003, with interest the bill has now doubled to 1600.00, I was unable to make payments on this bill due to financial reasons, but this past month & half I have been paying 100.00 /month to the collection agency, they are...

I made someone up [ 10 Answers ]

Ok, I think this is going to be a long story so... sorry in advance. I've been in a relationship for 4 years now. We have a 6 month old daughter, and we argue all the time. Our sex life is pretty much completely shot, and I always find text messages in her phone to and from other guys. One of...

What kind of lawyer do I contact when a request for judgment has been made [ 4 Answers ]

My husband is a co-signer on a car for a friend. The friend was in an accident and didn't have insurance on the car. Since there was so insurance on the car the insurance company is trying to re-claim the moneis from the acciedent. The law firm assisgned to this case has not been successful in...

View more questions Search