Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SoSadiddy Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2009, 07:13 PM
    Does She Like Me Back?
    Threads merged and edited

I'm a girl and I like this girl and she's one of my friends, not one of my closest but a friend. We talk almost everyday. When I look at her sometimes she asks me why I am and we end up playing the staring game where when you get caught you blame the other person, other times she looks down and smiles. One day recently in class she ran into me on purpose then just stared at me playfully but flirty. But when her friends are around she doesn't pay any attention to me except to push me sometimes when I walk by because of a previous problem with one of her friends. She's bi but her friends don't know and so am I and she knows. She also knows that I know about her.

We talked on the phone a couple nights ago and we were talking about her boyfriend and I was joking around with her and said she doesn't know what she wants she said she knows what she wants but she wants a lot of things she can't have. I asked her what it meant but she changed the subject, so I don't know if I'm that something she can't have. I tried to talk to her but I'm shy so I got nervous even though she's one of my best friends and never asked about it. She seemed like she wanted to know though, but hasn't asked about it. Today I got mad because she was to busy to hang with me she was with one of her other friends. I feel really dumb now. So what should I do?

Ive liked this girl for a really long time, all through school since middle school, but she doesn't like me back and I know this for a fact so why can't I let it go and move on? I try and try but something has a hold on me.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Mar 28, 2009, 07:15 PM

Ask her if she likes you. We can't tell you. How old are the two of you?

Mar 28, 2009, 07:19 PM
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Mar 28, 2009, 07:20 PM

Hmm, simply ask her if she likes you.
    Sphira Posts: 72, Reputation: 6

Mar 28, 2009, 07:34 PM
    Well I'm no mind reader but sounds like she does but is embassed what her friends think I think you should pull her aside not when she's with her friends and ask her point blank does she fancy you and if she does why is she being so pushy when she's around her friends I don't know why but I would personaaly preferr this approch but I'm a pushy girl if she's shy give her some spavce she may approch you or she won't but I still go with ask her while she's alone but by the sounds of it she so into you
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Mar 29, 2009, 06:59 PM

It's hard to know from what you've said here. Have you had any conversations with her about her feelings?

Do you know if she's actually been in a same-sex relationship or did she just tell you she was attracted to girls? If she's never been with someone of the same sex, this may explain why she's different in front of her friends.

Since you mentioned school, I'm assuming high school? How old are you both? This would also explain her reluctance to let others know about this side of her because high school is a time where kids want to be accepted by her peers. Do others know about your bisexuality? She just not be as comfortable with it yet.

The only way to know for sure is to talk with her alone.
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Mar 29, 2009, 07:10 PM

What age are you two?

You seem very young to be making decisions about your sexuality.

If no one knows about her then you need to leave this alone. It doesn't really matter if she likes you or not because you guys can't act on it in public and you will end up hurt.

Are you open about your sexuality?

If you are it may be that she (and you possibly) are attracted to each other because you have both said that there is some possibility of hooking up.

I would have a conversation alone with her about this.

Mar 29, 2009, 07:18 PM

We're 17, and I heard from one of her old friends that she had a girlfriend in another town a wile back but they broke up, and I've herd from her that she likes girls, and everyone knows about me. For better or worse lol
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Apr 19, 2009, 02:51 PM

The reason is probably because you still talk to her. You have to cut all communication with her until you are over her. If you go to the same school, then just avoid seeing her. If you bump into her, just keep the conversations polite and short.

Keep yourself busy. Make new friends. Talk to other people. Meet new girls. As long as you avoid talking to her.
    Ladyviper Posts: 221, Reputation: 36

Jun 23, 2009, 07:41 PM

If you like her there is no harm in telling her. It could make a friendly relationship difficult if she doesn't feel the same way. You don't want to waste your entire life wondering what could happen.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Jun 23, 2009, 08:24 PM

Sounds like you're the nice guy and the shoulder to lean on. If she was interested in you, she probably wouldn't be talking to you about her boyfriend, because that's showing her vulnerable side and doesn't make her attractive to you.

Just be her friend, don't think about something more than that, because she's really confused about her current relationship.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low cold water pressure in 2 showers... Not back to back config however [ 8 Answers ]

My home is 16 years old, I've had it for 5 years. I am on a pump - with 70LBS high cutoff and 55lbs Low turn on. All copper - I have 2 Delta 1600 shower faucets - one tub spicket with shower diverter - one shower only. The tub/shower combo has allways had only a trickle of cold water and...

Do I have to pay back disability company monies I receive from SS for back pay [ 1 Answers ]

I don't know what to do. I just received SS after applying for 5 years. I just received my back pay from SS as well. Now, the disability company that was paying me wants 100% of my back pay and my son's dependent check as well. I thought this was protected under 42 USC Sec 407 (a). ...

Back to back bathtub and shower backing-up in to each other [ 1 Answers ]

The house is a 1950's split level. I have a tub and shower that are back to back and when you run one, it backs-up in to the other. I have opened up the bathtub stopper and removed a lot of hair and grease using an auger. I have had a little trouble putting the bathtub stopper back in place where...

Back child support and social security disability back pay [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Texas and I am making court ordered payments fro back child support for a non-minor child. I will be receiving social security disability soon and was wondering since I am making payments will my social security back pay be garnished?:confused:

2 periods back to back with large blood clots! [ 6 Answers ]

I have just stared yet another period after just ending one 5 days ago. I had major pain with the last one, I have never had that kind of pain before. Now with this period I just found an extremely large blood clot. Although it looked more like tissue then an actual bllod clot. What could this be...

View more questions Search